Considering pack goats
Sooo... the little buckling that prompted me to look into pack training has apparently made an impression on my (self proclaimed) animal hater fiance. He went on and on about how funny the kid is and that it acts more like a dog than a goat. He also talked about how much one of his sons likes it. I asked him if he was trying to tell me something?

So ya, the buckling that was slated for sale before it was even born has been taken off the sales list. LOL! So... I guess I'll have plenty of time to teach him all the fun stuff I learn here!

Charlene... I have a friend who grew up here and as an adult moved to Alaska. She says the same thing... she misses fireflies and lightening. I never knew there was no lightening in Alaska?!
Isn't it funny how goats can worm their way into the hearts of people who aren't the least bit interested in animals? My husband isn't much of an animal lover either, but goats won him over immediately with their funny antics. I find Phil's affection for his goats very sexy. Wink
A little over four years ago my husband told me he wanted to get some packgoats to raise for hunting. I said "Goats? I don't want goats." He persisted and I went along with it. I fell in love with all of them right away and know I will never live without these wonderful creatures in my life! They just make me happyBig Grin
Goats = happiness on hooves.
Photo 
Well here is a pic of the little guy who chiseled his way into my honey's heart. My friend brought her granddaughter down to visit the kids and she snapped a couple pictures. It isn't an amazing goat pic, but it illustrates his ability to warm folks up to him. She thought the goats were cute but they scared her if they came close. Duke was relentless and she quickly got over her fear. Before they left she was climbing on the round bale with them. LOL!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Love this, Nanno. Smile

(03-05-2014, 08:34 PM)Nanno Wrote: Goats = happiness on hooves.

Adorable! Smile

(03-12-2014, 04:38 PM)Redbud Farm Wrote: Well here is a pic of the little guy who chiseled his way into my honey's heart. My friend brought her granddaughter down to visit the kids and she snapped a couple pictures. It isn't an amazing goat pic, but it illustrates his ability to warm folks up to him. She thought the goats were cute but they scared her if they came close. Duke was relentless and she quickly got over her fear. Before they left she was climbing on the round bale with them. LOL!
Goatberries Happen!
Oh what a cutie! It's no wonder your husband fell for him--he's adorable! I love his Rottweiler coloring.
Cute! He should make a great packgoat. If the cliffs are.too much, he should be able.to.flap those big ears hard enough to fly over any obstacles.:-)