Update on my new packer "Nick"
                     It has been a while since I posted anything in regards to my new packer. He has assimilated into the herd very well and in maintaining his "I'm the Boss" status amongst the youngsters. They all get along very well, but the youngins better not try to pass him on the trail or they get a quick reminder of who sets the pace. He has leaned up a bit from all the hiking and is becoming more fit every week. I have found that he is not an extremely agile or fast goat, but he can get the job done. I have pushed him hard in the mountains a few times and he is yet to lay down on me on the trail, so he is not a quitter. it has been quite nice to be able to put all my camping gear and food for a 2 night excursion + my tripod and spotting scope on him (25lb) and all I have to do is walk and take pics Smile
dutch007
Looks and sounds like you have a good one there.
Good picture too.
My two white boys are being Independent brats. Will Stray off together and not come fast to feed call.
Pete and Sam are reliable but Pete being a brown pattern coat blends into the shadows in the woods he turns invisible.
Have to look for Sam (Black/White) to find them when they are browsing.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete ,Sam and the Troops in SC

.jpg   Goat Patrol with Scout Dog Max.JPG (Size: 63.59 KB / Downloads: 32)
Awesome! Looks like you are getting a great working string. Can't wait to see some pics of them packing some meat out of the mountains Smile