Bittersweet Day Today
It was a bittersweet day today.  I sold my 4 year old Alpine wether, Dude, to IdahoNancy.  It's always hard saying goodbye.  I'll get to see him again at the Rendy!  Dude will now be called Dodger because once of Nancy's goats is called Dew.  The names were too similar.  Nancy was down a packgoat after having to euthanize Hobbs. Dodger will fill her string.  She has the next 6 days off to bond with him and then they will head to Montana for a goatpacking trip. 

Sad to see him leave.....Happy because I know he's going to a great home.
Goatberries Happen!
Aw, so sorry you had to part with Dude, but happy he's in a good home. Nancy will take excellent care of him and give him a good job.
The first email I read today made my heart smile. This is from Nancy regarding Dodger (aka Dude):

"The Dodger Dude is pushing on my computer right now as I sit in the goat pen getting caught up on emails. He wanted me to say good morning. Each goat is taking turns getting scratches and hugs as I work. I set up 3 feed areas. They ran around trading off feed buckets to make sure no one was getting any thing special. Dodger made a few passes on the chain link and is laying in the sun chewing cud."
Goatberries Happen!
Sorry he left Taffy, but glad to hear he went to such a great home!