Scouring kid
Well, I've got my first scouring kid. Rocky came down with the poops this afternoon and I'm wondering what might be causing it and how to go about treating him. 

- He's three weeks old today. 
- He's still lively and full of play but obviously not comfortable. His back is slightly hunched, and when he strains to poop he really strains. 
- The diarrhea is completely liquid, brownish-green, and very watery (as in it looks like there's water in it). 
- He's been getting raw goat milk mixed with whole cows milk from the store, but sometimes he gets pure goat milk and sometimes pure cow milk. This morning it was a mix. He got a little runny about a week ago when I gave pure cow milk for a couple of days but it cleared up when I started him back on goat milk. 
- He recently started eating fresh grass, alfalfa, and nibbling at hay and grain. Our grass came in magnificently while we were gone over the weekend, so this sudden pasture is new to his tummy. 

What I've done so far: 
- Withheld milk this evening and gave him a bottle of electrolyte water instead. He drank about 16 oz. 
- Gave 3 cc C&D antitoxin in case of bacterial infection. 

What else should I be doing or looking for? I've never had a bottle baby before and I've heard they can be a little trickier when it comes to digestive issues. Could this be the onset of coccidiosis? I've never dealt with that before so I'm not sure what it looks like. We got back yesterday from a weekend at a goat show so it's possible the trip is what triggered this unpleasantness but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!
Hello Nanno
Do you have any pro-bionics on hand.
Sounds like the change of
Cow milk/fresh goat milk could have upset the bacteria in the rumen and GI tract.
Even plain yogurt could help re-establish beneficial rumen activity.
Keep the fluids going in is important so he dose not dehydrate. Electrolytes are good.
I agree new grass could be to rich for him. Slow introduction.
Peptobismal will help with acid and slow the runs down.
======================================
Here is a OLD Timer thing from my cow back ground:
At times it was recommended to "Steal the cud" from a adult cow and feed it to the calf to help their rumen start up.
Bacterial Inoculation with all the "Local" bacteria.
For a goat steal a cud mix with some Electrolytes in water and drench them a couple times a day. Make it thin enough to go through your drench device.  

All of the above are just ideas to try, based on my other livestock experience.
I must be doing something right with Pete and Sam they have not died off and are gaining weight with good trail manners on top of that.

Good Luck
Happy Trails
hihbaron Pete and Sam
He's already looking better. His bottom was dry when I brought him in this evening. I watched him for 45 minutes or so and he never pooped or strained, and the hunchy look was gone. He wouldn't stop bawling for dinner so I gave him just 1/2 bottle of milk as per the directions of a friend I spoke to who is a vet who raises goats (so lucky to have one of those!). He guzzled it right down and was looking for more. He's got plenty of energy.

I didn't do Pepto Bismol because if his body were trying to flush toxins I didn't want to slow that down just yet. I usually hold off on Pepto until I start to worry about dehydration, but I have some on hand in case he's soggy again in the morning. He's been doing good on cow/goat milk mixture. The only time he got a little runny was last week when Phil and I needed all the goat milk for ourselves and I fed pure cow milk for several bottles in a row. Adding goat milk back into the diet fixed him right up. Since then I've made sure the kids get at least one feeding/day that contains half or more goat milk. I think the enzymes in the raw milk help their guts.

I'm pretty sure this was caused by me feeding him too much yesterday after that long trailer ride, combined with him going out with the other goats for a proper browse for the first time today. Who knows what he "discovered" out there. Of the two bottle kids, Rocky is definitely the more enthusiastic eater.
Glad to hear he is doing better
Hi Nanno, I've found that watering fresh cow's milk down 50% when there is no goat's milk available helps keeps the runs at bay when bottle feeding. My first go-to remedy for the runs is natural probiotic yoghurt mixed with a little slippery elm powder and Nutridrench administered via drenching syringe. Works a treat if the tummy upset is due to dietary factors Smile
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap