Wether with buck behavior
One of my boys has been acting so goofy lately. He's almost 11 months old and was surgically castrated at 4 months. He's been peeing all over his face and starting battles with the other goats. He'll hang his tongue out to the side and then start licking the other boys all over their face and neck while head butting. He rubs his face all over their butt under their tail (this is a new one for me)Rolleyes He's a total sweetheart and is a very loving goat. He's the leader and pushes the other boys around, but mostly in a playful way even in the above situation. It's so funny, I didn't think they acted like this when castrated. Anyone else have a wether that acts like this and do they outgrow it?
By surgically, do you mean removed? If dont with a burdizzo, its more then possible that the cords didnt get crushed all the way. That happened with one of mine on one testie. Had to have the vet back out to do it again. If he doest still have his jewels hanging, you should be able to feel em. With this much time passing, they should be more then small egg sized or smaller
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
No, he had them surgically cut so no doubt the job got done. He was doing it prior to being castrated and hasn't started until recently. None of the other boys are doing it though.
I have several wethers that will react to does in rut although none of them will pee itself.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Sad 
Oh yeah, he's peeing all over his face, the back of his legs, everyone around himUndecided He doesn't stink though, so I guess that's a good thing. At least I can find comfort in the fact that he was well developed before he was castrated, which was the goal.
Was he castrated before you got him? If so, is it possible he retained a testicle and the previous owners didn't mention it?
No, we took him in to the vet and had him castrated after we got him.
Without testosterone he really shouldnt have any bucky behavior. Girls in heat can get a wether interested but he cant extend his sword to do anything. Its just not suppose to be possible. The only thing, as mentioned, is the vet missed one.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
There are horses known as "proud cut" who have been properly gelded yet still look and behave like stallions. Turns out they produce a larger percentage of their testosterone in their adrenal glands. I wonder if your goat has something similar going on? I imagine it will disappear eventually.
He is having no trouble reaching where he wants! It comes all the way just like before he was castrated. He had pretty big jewels before and was surgically castrated and left open to heal. They shrunk up into a nice little package as they healed. It is possible to miss something when they do it that way? He's a Saanen, maybe it's just his wild side coming outSmile