Planting Browse
I have about 15 acres that is just native grass and weeds with very little browse. 
I'm wanting to plant it with a browse but I'm looking for recommendations on what to plant.
Do I plant different sections with different species of various browse and legumes? I basically
don't want to have to feed them in the late spring through fall. I only have 3 boys at the 
moment and I feel there is no way they can keep up with 15acres. Whatever they don't eat the
deer, elk, and Turkeys will,which is o.k.
I just don't know what to plant 
to keep them in good health. Any advice is welcome.
Where do you live?
Cataldo, Idaho
I would also like to know this.
Wide leaf maple, vine maple, dog wood, service berry, alder, birch, aspen, poplar and ash. Wild roses and any kind of raspberry, blackberry, or salmonberry.
For evergreen nibbles my boys like hemlock, cedar, fir, locust, many different kinds of pine trees.
I am over in Coeur d'Alene. When you take the boys out watch what they eat. They'll tell you what they like.
(03-14-2016, 09:13 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: Wide leaf maple, vine maple, dog wood, service berry, alder, birch, aspen, poplar and ash. Wild roses and any kind of raspberry, blackberry, or salmonberry.
For evergreen nibbles my boys like hemlock, cedar, fir, locust, many different kinds of pine trees.
I am over in Coeur d'Alene. When you take the boys out watch what they eat. They'll tell you what they like.

Where are you at in Idaho Closing on a house in Stenvesville MT looking for a local ear to bend??
I passed through Coeur d'Alene many years ago when I lived in WA ... beautiful country there IdahoNancy.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
(03-14-2016, 09:13 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: Wide leaf maple, vine maple, dog wood, service berry, alder, birch, aspen, poplar and ash. Wild roses and any kind of raspberry, blackberry, or salmonberry.

We are in Cataldo