Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2016
Hello Nanno
Turning the kids into "blanket" babies. Smile
They are good looking kids and are going to be "Spoiled: as bad as my two. Smile
Happy Trails
70+ degrees here today
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Beautiful babies....Congratulations!
We took these photos almost two weeks ago and I'd better post them now before they get any more outdated! We were snowed in that day so we brought the triplets into the house to play on the couch and watch a movie with us. We're snowed in again today so I actually have time to post these!  

I love the single black lightening bolt on Boone's face. Maybe we should have called him "Harry Potter"! Boone is probably the most curious and outgoing of the three. I love his curly coat.   

"My, what big feet you have, Crocket!"

Nanno's turn to hold the baby goats!

Oakley is the fuzziest of the bunch and the one most likely to jump in your lap and nuzzle your face. 

Crockett is the most laid back and will fall asleep anywhere. His horns are really coming in and he's got one pink and one black! 

Last Tuesday my sister-in-law came with her kids and a whole bunch of other homeschool families from Salida to see the baby goats. There were about 15 kids under ten years old running around our basement. At one point we had everyone sit down on and around the basement couch so I could teach them a few things about goats. We let the babies into the basement so the kids could hold, pet, and play. The baby goats went wild with all the excitement and jumped in everyone's laps, chewed on their hair, and generally raced around from one person to the next for attention. Human and goat kids alike got a huge kick out of the experience.
Taken on the same day as the photographs posted above...

There's nothing cuter in the whole world than a baby goat pile! Until this year we haven't had enough babies at once to make a pile. This pile o' cuteness was captured on our goat-o-scope late last night. Usually they prefer to pile inside one of the small dogloos.  

.jpg   BabyPile2.JPG (Size: 39.24 KB / Downloads: 106)

Petunia also came in for a little while so I could snap a picture of her fat pregnant belly. She's due on Thursday! (And I really hope she waits until the weather improves!)

So cool! You got a bunch of neat colored kids so far this season Smile
Hello Nanno
Are you SURE Crockett is not part "Draft Horse" ????   Smile
With that size foot this early My guess is feed him up right and he will be a BIG Pack Goat/Draft Goat. Smile
OBTY:
Fuzzy figured out how to get into SS Zero G outdoor recliner chair and get it kicked back for his afternoon nap.
Good thing  SS did not see him snoozing in "HER" chair. Goat Roast for sure. Smile I have pictures I'll post later.=
====================
Be careful that "Blimp" goat may float off. Smile
Happy Trails
hihobaron Fuzzy,Pete and Sam
Phil set up online access to our goatoscope, so if anyone wants the address and password PM me and I'll give it to you.
We celebrated Cinco de Mayo by welcoming two more little ones into the world! I believe this is the first time a Goat-O-Rama gal has kidded right smack dab on her due date. We've got a little boy and a girl and we haven't named them yet, but I'm quite sure the names will be Hispanic in flavor given the holiday. Both are sundgau (I was expecting cou clair!), and the boy has some flashy little white markings on his face, legs, and side. 

Petunia delivered the little critters all by herself like a champ (no going in and fishing anyone out like last time!), but true to her nature she was quite dramatic about it. There was a lot of build-up before the blessed event actually got underway. Petunia kept lying down, getting up, pushing, grunting, groaning, stretching, baa-aa-ing, looking at her side, grinding her teeth, and giving me pointed looks as if to say "Could you please DO something besides just sitting there staring at me??" I think she expected me to have the kids for her! 

After almost an hour of preliminaries Petunia finally resigned herself to the fact that I wasn't going to do her job for her. Once the first baby started to come she really turned up the volume, but I tried not to let her theatrics frighten me into intervening too quickly. Once the feet came into view I gently helped pull, but I let her do most of the work and we soon had a healthy, long-legged baby boy on the ground. Phil got behind and was ready to help ease the second kid out, but she flew out too fast for Phil to do more than clean up the face a little before handing her to mom. 

So all in all it was a nice, stress-free kidding. The babies are big and healthy (I didn't remember to weigh exactly how big because I forgot to put the hanging scale back in the kidding box after I took it to the WCGE two weeks ago). Petunia is enamored with her new babies and won't quit talking to them. There's been an endless stream of babble coming out of the kidding shed all day. Petunia was somewhat indifferent to her first kids two years ago, but not to these. She had a lot of good reasons why she wasn't a great mother the first time which is why I gave her another chance. I won't keep a goat that's a poor mother. But she's definitely redeeming herself this time around!
Hello Nanno
Congratulations to Petunia and Ya'll
Good looking kids and glad all is going good.
How many left to go?
Happy Trails
hihobaron Fuzzy, Pete and Sam