Clicker training a shy goat to become a pack goat - ungoing process
I didn't do much clicker training with Freddie after these last sessions in February.

Weather got bad and then Freddie's grand-mum, Mona, got severely sick and needed intensive care for several weeks. Sadly, I had to put her down at the end of a long and generous life to prevent further suffering.

Now, with the main group out for brush clearing and two additional, experienced packers left at home I took Freddie and the packers out for a first training hike yesterday.

For safety I kept Freddie on a leash but he did great. Of course, he knows moving from pasture to pasture as part of the large herd but being out in a small group of three is something that all goats need to get used to again after spending a long time in the herd.

I liked his attitude: attentive, interested but not panicky. Able to respond to clicks for wanted behaviour (following, walking next to me). Have not put on a saddle since winter, have to re-visit that part of his training, soon.

But so far, I have great hopes for this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im-cu4eDL0o

Freddie is the one still on leash.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clicker training a shy goat to become a pack goat - ungoing process - by Sanhestar - 05-26-2016, 11:07 PM