Boer cross. . .
            smallest is obviously the young buck and the mom is spotted and dad black. He isnt full blooded boer. Even being an independent thinking misanthrope that I am I still want to ask whats everyone think? Would that little fella possibly make a decent packer/Habitual walker And his dad appears to not be a big massive stocky boer as pure bred and little longer legs and his mother seems dairyish as well. Any input is appreciated. Guy is only wanting 150 or a gun possibly. Thanks to any replies
A bit on the short and stocky side. How is the get up and go attitude on him? How bonded is he to people? What do you want to do with him? Just wondering what kind of distance he would cover. With his muscle no doubt he maybe able to pack if you kept him fit. Depending on the rib width he may need one of those adjustable saddles.
Personally, I would never have anything with boer genetics. The orginial boer imports that all boer goats came from where terrible animals even by boer standards. Was like a dozen does and 2 bucks. That aside the only benefit I can agree with is you get good bone and muscle growth. But they are meat goats and they are suppose to be that way and the breed generally lack of intelligence. Stamina is another issue. Comparing a boer vs. a dairy breed is like comparing a bull dog vs. a German Sheppard. There are good reasons why you do not hear much about them being used as pack goats. A few people have crossbred with boers for 50-25% but there is nothing a boer can offer that a Lamancha cant give. Lamanchas were created from a short eared spanish goat. Also considered a meat breed but of substantially different body style.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Havent met the fella yet. And yes he will need to be active. Why I ask I need an animal that can keep up and be fairly nimble on the road and in the mountains. I appreciate the replies
Some Boers might do alright, but I'd be concerned about the "keeping up" part. Boers tend to be short-legged and stocky and many of them waddle, which is not efficient over long distances. They are strong but generally short on endurance and can be difficult to fit saddles to because of their width and the round shape of their backs combined with a pronounced dip behind the withers. Their waddling gait can give rise to saddle sores because the saddle rolls around as they move.

Looking at the parents, you can see that they are both stocky with short legs. The dam appears higher at the rump than at the withers standing normally. The sire looks level in the photo, but see how he's stretching up on his tip-toes to reach hay. A conformationally ideal packgoat will look noticeably higher in front than in back when he's stretching up like that. A goat that is higher in the rear, especially when combined with wide, rounded withers, is going to have problems with the saddle constantly riding up onto his shoulders where it will chafe.

I think a Boer or mostly Boer cross could be ideal for carrying or pulling heavy loads over short distances, but for the long treks you describe I think I would lean towards a goat that is all or mostly dairy bred so you get the longer legs and straighter back.
Awesome thanks for the info. Im a person who finds it hard to take in an animal and not get attached so didnt want to do it with this guy. Great tips