Best Snack on the Trail for Goats?
I bought a belt pouch for my goats so I can carry snacks.  So far I've used peanuts with shell on and frosted mini wheats.  Is there a "perfect treat" that is nutritious and light and yummy for my boys?
I don't know about nutritious, but Animal Crackers are very light and most goats think they're yummy. They're a lot cheaper than peanuts and Mini Wheats and are easy to break into smaller pieces.
what would be the purpose of the snacks? As you mention nutritious I imagine that you want them to replenish energy.

Aside from browse along the trail - which goats find very delicious and which can sustain them very well :-) - I would rather look into snacks that are not too heavily grain based (risk of upset rumen).

Sunflower seeds come to mind, beet pulp pellets, banana chips, hazelnuts (not too many).
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

I think he's looking for reward treats to use for training purposes.
Following
Hello All
I use Oatmeal/apple flavor horse treats, the boy's love them as well as Max my Trail Dog.
Other than the above I carry pellitized  Alfa or timothy hay pellets.
Look close in this Trail Break Picture Pete is looking for the Treat Pouch under my Field Shirt.

.jpg   Trail Break for the Explores.JPG (Size: 185.05 KB / Downloads: 39)

They Like Salted in the Shell Peanuts too but then we have fights as I like them too. Goats Lose Sad
Happy Trails
hihobaron Max Pete, and Sam
I use carrots cut up into small pieces, celery and peanuts in the shell. The peanuts win hands down though.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap