What did your goats get for Christmas?
I  mentioned in "Cuzco's Glamour Shots" that our goats got fruitcake for Christmas. I did not mention (nor did I get photos of) the ginger cookies. Those are a universal favorite, and once again we have to make sure Cuzco does not eat the entire lot all by himself. 

The "big present" we got this Christmas was a new stanchion! I ordered this beauty from Caprine Supply. Our girls were fast growing out of the old wooden one, and not one of the boys could fit in it any more. Here is Nubbin modeling the stanchion for you... she likes it. She can put her head all the way up now. The old stanchion was so short she had to hold her head in an unnatural position when she was done with her grain.  

This stanchion is big enough that even Cuzco fits on it. Of course, the first thing Cuzco did when I locked his head in was to get mad, flip the stanchion over, and drag it across the basement. So now it's buckled securely to the support post behind it so no goats can flip or drag it. Of course, I don't expect any goat but Cuzco would even try to do such a thing--it's a very heavy stanchion and everyone but Cuzco is accustomed to being confined in one. This stanchion has a headpiece that opens all the way so horned goats can fit in it. Most of the metal milking stanchions don't have this feature. I like it!  

Tigerlily got a new used collar for Christmas. Every goat on our place graduates to a studded leather collar at their first Christmas. This one is an heirloom from Tigerlily's grandmother, Lilly, who Tigerlily is partially named for. 

And just because she's the cutest little angel goat ever...

Petunia got a lock of Delilah's hair for Christmas. She was very proud of it, but unfortunately I don't think Delilah gave it voluntarily. Naughty Petunia! 

Nice stand! My bigger boys have to stoop down to get their heads in mine! It's uncomfortable for them so I have to tie them to the fence to work on them.

Tigerlily is really growing up! She made a gorgeous Christmas angel! I see she's learning to shake hands, too!

Can I be one of your goats? I LOVE ginger cookies!
Goatberries Happen!
Hello All
Happy New Years or maybe New Ears?
With all the wet weather here and SC being "Fireworks" friendly.
It sounds like a Artillery Barrage at times here. Good stuff like 4-5 inch mortars, set for 2500 foot aerial burst.
Pete / Sam and the horses just keep eating.
Been watching Pete and Sam on CCV system to see if fireworks spooked them.
So far, It has been a "don't bother me I am eating or chewing my cud"  Smile
Yes, Red Neck Goat Shed has CCV with night vision installed now. Smile
There is only one problem.  Both Pete a Brownish dark colored and Sam Black and White like a Bore goat color pattern can "disappear" right in front of the prime view of the CCV camera.
I have nice pine light color bedding in the shed and they just walk into the camera range then "Poof" gone. Any ideas how they do it.????
They never leave the shed all is tight and "So Far" GOAT proof" They are not getting out, just pulling a vanishing act.
Anyone here know if Goats have Magic Power to be Invisible? Smile
Happy New Year
hihobaron ,Pete & Sam as well as the Calvary from South Carolina
Oooh... the fireworks sure sound fun! We were fuddy-duddies and didn't set off any fireworks this New Years. It was 12 degrees outside so we watched a few distant neighbors' fireworks displays from our bedroom window before disappearing under our goose down quilt.

Goats definitely have magical vanishing powers when they don't want you watching whatever it is they're up to. The government tapped into this technology years ago, which is why emails, video recordings, meeting minutes, and any other vital information can magically disappear the moment someone mentions the word "investigation." But woe to you if the goats ever make your tax returns disappear! Tongue
I had to get more photos of my new toy. As you can see, Finn easily fits even with his large and ever-expanding horns. The only problem is that there is only one neck width setting, and my boys are all too wide. I fixed this by clipping a carabiner to the top of the neck piece and clipping that into the latch to give it a couple extra inches. Works like a charm!

Where's the food!?!

Sputnik doesn't like the stanchion. He has hated being restrained from the moment he was born and this hasn't really changed, but he is learning that he must tolerate it sometimes. Being an intelligent lad, he has discovered that most of the time, the benefits of cooperation outweigh the costs. "Nom-nom-nom-nom!"  

And the top opens up for the convenient release of horned beasties! 

And because Sputnik is so cute... 

I love that this stanchion is tall enough for my milking stool to slide underneath out of the way. The increased height is also making my back and neck really happy. I can actually sit up straight while milking! Yay for fun and practical Christmas presents!
Very nice!! I want one.
Dang. Quite the device. When do you get the robot milking machine? The machines-- They keep taking our jobs!!!

[Image: terminator.jpg]
(01-03-2016, 09:51 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Dang.  Quite the device.  When do you get the robot milking machine?  The machines-- They keep taking our jobs!!!

[Image: terminator.jpg]

Hello CH  Great shot, Don't think it would work well for milking BUT would sure work well for Herd Protection.  Big Grin Happy Trails
I think my girls would be terrified.