Triplet Doelings!
The Cou Claire looks the biggest, is she?

Interesting that she definitley had 3 separate eggs .

I dont know about the dairy breeds but in meat breeds singles are selected against , and twins and triplets selected for. I know of two herds where a dam that singles a 2nd time is going out the door. It makes good sense when you are selling pounds weaned.

Dave has had a very good twins and triplets ratio this year.

If you were closer the little cou clair girl could have a new home. I am going to be adding a diary doe this year.

Jake

Mikado, MI
The Cou Clair was the smallest of the 3. These 3 doelings are F2 mini Alpine. The dam is raising all 3 with no problem. Mini Alpine may be smaller but they sure produce the milk!

Dave has a nice Cou Clair doeling. Maybe you can talk him out of her. Smile

My son raises Boer goats. There is a huge difference between the meat and dairy breeds.

Dave has had a fantastic year and produces great goats. It's dangerous to visit his farm. Temptation can take over! Big Grin

(03-23-2014, 04:45 AM)Jake Levi Wrote: The Cou Claire looks the biggest, is she?

I dont know about the dairy breeds but in meat breeds singles are selected against , and twins and triplets selected for. I know of two herds where a dam that singles a 2nd time is going out the door. It makes good sense when you are selling pounds weaned.

If you were closer the little cou clair girl could have a new home. I am going to be adding a diary doe this year.
Goatberries Happen!
(03-23-2014, 09:27 AM)Taffy Wrote: The Cou Clair was the smallest of the 3. These 3 doelings are F2 mini Alpine. The dam is raising all 3 with no problem. Mini Alpine may be smaller but they sure produce the milk!

Dave has a nice Cou Clair doeling. Maybe you can talk him out of her. Smile

My son raises Boer goats. There is a huge difference between the meat and dairy breeds.

Dave has had a fantastic year and produces great goats. It's dangerous to visit his farm. Temptation can take over! Big Grin

(03-23-2014, 04:45 AM)Jake Levi Wrote: The Cou Claire looks the biggest, is she?

Daves place is on my list to go see, he is doing his herd right from all that I can see here.

I am buying Kikos for a little more frame, we shall see what will be. Its going to be awhile before I have any available for meat. I am sure extra bucklings can become pack goats, which is why I am buying these. But, I am going to add a dairy nanny, either Alpine or Saanen.

I do like goat milk in my oatmeal, coffee, and making Feta. In Israel I made some very good Feta. Had a waiting list for it.

Life goes on, and better with goats.

I am seeing quite a few of new(to me) mini breeds of goats. These are sure cute !

Jake

Mikado, MI
I have American Alpine and mini Alpine. I love making chevre. It's a hit with my family and friends. I am considering a LaMancha or two. I find their personalities are endearing. The minis don't pack much weight on the trail! Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
I do like the Alpines, Saanen, and Obers. But, for my purposes the Kikos will be the focus for some time. A dairy doe for home milk, and cross wethers.

One day, if it can be I would love to import either Kids or semen of the Old Irish Goat landrace. A very hardy, rough coated survivor. I would love to see how they would do in our NW. Lots of potential projects, hard not to get over goated and lose focus.

Jake

Mikado, MI