Newbie from the North East
(12-19-2015, 09:59 AM)WarrenPFjr Wrote: Thanks Guys for all the Goat Love!

I agree  Zoe, the Black and white does have some boer traits- stocky build, floppy ears and the thicker bridge of her nose.
Zack the black one has a much more mousey nose, his face kinda comes to a sharp point from a top view. I don't really see any blue in his eyes- mostly light brown- tan. Even hazel might be a stretch. Thanks for the copper recommendation, I look into getting some supplements ASAP.

We have kept the little ones in a separate pen for the last couple of days, I borrowed a neighbors horse trailer to use as temporary shelter that I could close up at night since I don't have any buildings in the back pen. Marv and Mable ( our existing Goat and Sheep) were real curious and seemed to be pretty gentle with them yesterday when I let them mingle. But Marv won't let them anywhere near the shed where I am hoping they will all be able to live at some point. I am guessing because thats where I usually feed them and he's being protective of that.

Last night I moved the horse trailer next to the shed so they would all be close but have separate space if they needed. Testing how this would work out I went out at dusk, Marv wouldn't let the little ones into the shed- he stood guard in the doorway, I went back an hour later and the little ones where in the shed but Marv and Mable were out walking around the pen. I thought this was a good sign. Went back out in the middle of the night and the little ones where back in the trailer and Marv and Mable were in the shed. I really hope this will work out in time.

As requested here are a few more pics of Marv.... I caught him Flehmening in the first 2

Hello Hello Warren

This is the start of a construction article that is made for the most part from scarp/salvaged materials.

I am using it for goats but I also want it big enough if needed I can shelter a horse under medical care in it closer to BC 1 than the barn ( Hope I never get one that sick)

For all of you other folk out there the size can be expanded within reason to make a tractor shed,wood shed,coal shed ,etc. [Image: simple-smile.png] YOU could even camp in one.

Moving on: My size needs.  8 foot wide X 10 foot deep with a overhanging eve in front of about 20 inches.

That is to keep rain from blowing in and a mud hole from forming were the gate to get in and out is.

Center height close to nine foot and it will be a cathedral arch roof structure. Plenty of head room for a horse or tractor.

The floor will be raised to allow drainage under plastic pallets covered with plywood them with 1/2 inch rubber mats.

Ok on with the Show:

I have some tube gate panels 8 and 10 foot long. That I am setting up and driving steel tee post at the joining corners then connecting the corners to the post to stabilize the whole base structure good enough to keep a horse in.
[Image: kwfg51fhgzxri4kzzsty.jpg]

The Cathedral Roof Structure (Cattle Panels 16 foot long by 50 inches wide) are arched over and fastened to the two top tubes on either side with weather proof “Black” Zip Ties. You will have to look close as the panels do blend in good with the background cover.

[Image: ytbqqs5pmnpw2xjkysi4.jpg]

This is Part Two of the Goat Shed project.

As with any Projects you do you run into problems.

Nothing Major just some dimension problems from the first part of the tarp that was cut off.

Not quite wide enough for the height of the arch or long enough to cover the length of the shed.

I went ahead and just to see were and how would be the best system to fit the final cover.

For the Length problem all I have to do cut the next piece longer.

For the side wall  shortage I will just make a under lap with the wall sheet then over lap the roof sheet on it.

Tied down it will shed rain, an in hot weather can be held open for ventilation.

The wall sections will be made from the cover now on for the wall sections.

Here are the Latest Pictures:
[Image: amjj4vcmgvz5czmtnzib.jpg]

Here is the Third Part of the Redneck Goat Shed story:
Every thing is covered and pulled tight, front gate and walk through gate are hung and “SOLID”.
Hay Feeder ,Water Bucket, Grain Pan, and Rubber Mat on the ground installed.
Goat Boy’s have moved in today, and are checking their new digs out.
Still have to plumb in their water supply, electricity for lights, bucket heater, then hook up the CCV camera so they can have their own TV channel.  [Image: simple-smile.png]   They want to produce a Goat Reality Show. Redneck Productions is bidding for the rights.
Any questions about the Redneck Goat Shed Project feel free to send them to me.
I’ll get the answers strait from the goats mouth and pass it on to you. [Image: simple-smile.png]
Happy Trails
Go Goat
hihobaron

[Image: w8ju4g6obmxq2k9djoap.jpg]
Looking things over

[Image: fylwf6c1c8dvsyiwdbrk.jpg]
You don't have to use the Tube Gate Panels I used them for more headroom.
If you just use cattle panel you get about 5 foot center height and 8 foot wide on the ground.

[img=658x0]http://res.cloudinary.com/mainstreampreppers/image/upload/v1446780334/kwfg51fhgzxri4kzzsty.jpg[/img]
Great project Hihobaron! Thanks for posting this! I may be forced to do something like this if Marv doesn't let the kids into his shed. Once again last night the little ones spent the night in the trailer. I plan to put an extension on the barn eventually so I like the idea of a temporary structure like this but was really hoping everyone would get along under one roof.