what's this behavior?
My eldest goat Walter who is 3, just started doing this. I don't know if it is him playing, or a challenge. I get in the pen with them and he will do this weird lapping thing at my hand with his tongue and mouth while cackling with his voice and sometimes gets his front foot pawing. A little hard to explain. I let him carry it through the other day to see if he was trying to bite or??? He mouthed my hand a little but never bit down. I tried to attach a video but it will not let me. What do you all think?

Thank you
He's acting like a buck and apparently he thinks you're hot stuff. Heart Big Grin   

Even though he's a wether, he is feeling hormonal because this is the height of the rut and his brain is telling him to get it on. I don't let my boys blub and flap their tongues at me. I clap my hands and say "No!" and I make them get away from me. If one were to be persistent I'd use a squirt gun. Girl goats seem to have no problem repelling unwanted advances, and if they can learn not to act bucky around girls, they can also learn not to act bucky around me. Watch out for your pants too. Some wethers are still able to spray and will soak your legs if they get excited.
AWESOME! Man I'm glad I asked. There will be NO MORE of that lol! Thank you Nanno!
I have 4 female pgymies. 1 is the mother of twin 3 yr olds. The mother is acting like a buck just recently. The unrelated female will have none of this & they woke me up with their head butting this early am. I went out there & separated them which calmed her down. But what is her problem & how do I get her to be peaceful again? Also, I'm sorry I'm new here & couldn't figure out how to start a new thread.
Hello Kel, and welcome to PackGoat Central!

Your doe's behavior sounds typical of one in heat. Many of them act like bucks when they cycle and will chuckle and mount the other does. This can certainly cause a lot of head-butting from the other doe if she doesn't want to be mounted. The problem should stop once your doe is out of estrus, which usually lasts about two days. If the behavior is going on continually I'd guess that your doe has cystic ovaries that cause her to cycle every few days instead of every few weeks. This can also cause them to be more bucky than usual.