Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep
The antigen theory is common knowledge among health care providers, animals and people alike. The flu vaccine is an example of the antigen theory. We get the flu vaccine, a dead version of the anticipated flu bug. Our immune systems memorize this bug by way of making an antigen. It's an immune response that causes the pain at the injection site. If we are exposed to the flu bug our immune systems activate this specific memory cell, the antigen, and it fights the flu bug. If you tested us after the we got the flu vaccine shot we would have the antigen but could not ever give anyone the flu, we are not contagious, or in the goat world not "shedding" MOVI.
In essence it is in writing. I am interested to know if my packgoats ever had MOVI. I don't think in practice it would make any difference. Care would still need to be taken not to expose my goats to MOVI shedding goats before hiking in Bighorn Sheep source areas.
It would be interesting to know if you had a MOVI positive goat how long they are contagious.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep - by IdahoNancy - 12-04-2015, 05:33 PM