Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep
Dave, take a look at the presentation in the beginning of this thread. Maggie Highland wrote me an email when she gave me permission to post the presentation see below attached note sent 11/16/2015. Her contact is on the last slide.

As I offered at the pack goat meeting (Rendy 2015), if you would like an initial screening performed on  your goats, I would be happy to send you nasal swabs and a box with a return label and I will test them in my lab.  Once we get a swab or two to verify whether or not they are shedding/carrying Mycoplasma ovipneumoniae, you may then want to have WADDL perform the PCR on swabs that you have your veterinarian collect.  But if you are just curious initially, I am happy to run the assay which we do all the time in my lab. The only upside of then having WADDL do it on swabs collected by your veterinarian would be that there would be an “official” paper trail with results……perhaps this will come in handy in the future if this becomes a “best management” practice that the Forrest Service implements.
Let me know if you would like for my lab to perform the testing and how many swabs you would like to obtain and I will send the supplies and instructions to you on how to collect the swabs. 
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Maggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep - by IdahoNancy - 11-28-2015, 09:48 PM