Going to be kidding for the first time!
We made a great new friend in Moses Lake, who has a huge Oberhasli buck.  Thanks again Linda for letting Earl cover Pickles.  This was a new adventure for us as Thor and Pickles are our first goats, and this will be our first time kidding.  We feel very fortunate to have met Dave and Tracy and get our awesome Alpines.  When Pickles started flagging then stood for our whether Thor to mount her, I figured I better drive her up to Linda's farm.  I have always been fascinated with oberhaslis but other than Idaho Nancy's monsters, I have only found medium sized ones.  The best personalities and work ethic only goes so far if they don't have some size to them, and I want big work horses.  So I was thrilled when we met Linda and her buck Earl.  She has several fantastic bucks, but Earl had all the qualities I was looking for to sire packgoats.    Earl is only 1 1/2 and already dwarfs a lot of bucks.  On top of that he was very kind and gentle to Pickles. He covered her three times in half an hour, so hopefully we will have some awesome Alpine/Oberhasli crosses this spring!  Earl's father was also large and had some impressive horns.  I feel like I have been blessed by the two best  goat farms in Washington, thanks again Dave and Linda!

[img][Image: 11986467_10205289536385260_208395741591362376_n.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 20150922_135659.jpg][/img]

Messages In This Thread
Going to be kidding for the first time! - by nebs - 10-24-2015, 10:52 AM