Arch Hike
Last Saturday, Phil and I organized a group hike to the Saint Charles Arch. The above post is the last time I was there, so it's been four years! It’s an easy five-mile round trip and the arch is always a surprise the first time you see it. I like to call it the arch “which cannot be found except by those who already knows where it is" because so many people have looked for it but failed to locate it. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find it again myself, except it looks like the ATV riders have cleared the trail in recent years. Technically there are no motorized vehicles allowed, but I can't complain. The trail was practically obliterated in spots and was fast disappearing from lack of use. I'm glad someone took the time and effort to open it back up and clear some sections that had been blocked off by fallen timber. 

Among the group was Steve from Beulah who bought Max and Sgt. Pepper from me a year ago. He brought them along and I hardly recognized them! They’ve grown magnificently and look very healthy and happy. Max (now Axel) is wearing a Warnke Kid Pack now. 

My long-time friend Tiffany also joined us from Pueblo West, as did Jeff and Diana from Rye whose daughter Emma has been taking riding lessons from me this summer. Finn and Sputnik carried the gear and Buster Brown came along for the scenery. 

Steve's goats needed a little persuasion to cross the creek. 

The area beneath the arch was shady and full of yummy green things for goats to eat. The rest of us scattered out across the boulders under the arch to eat our picnic lunches.   

And there it is! The Saint Charles Arch! It's rare to see a granite arch this size.  

Here's a photo that Steve took. 

Buster Brown and I hung out together during lunch because he kept trying to share Emma's sandwich. 

Phil and Jeff climbed to the top of the arch to take in the view. 

Messages In This Thread
Arch Hike - by Nanno - 09-06-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: Arch Hike - by Charlie Horse - 09-06-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Arch Hike - by Nanno - 09-07-2015, 08:09 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by Nanno - 08-20-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by Nanno - 08-20-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by Saph - 08-27-2019, 07:39 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by IdahoNancy - 08-28-2019, 06:26 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by Nanno - 08-29-2019, 06:41 AM
RE: Arch Hike - by Nanno - 09-16-2019, 02:17 PM