Marble Mountain Archery Opener
Hey All,

Just got back from the Marble Mountains, was in there for the Archery Blacktail Opener. The 3 boys....... Buckwheat, Spanky, and Hershey did very well on the hike. It was 6 miles in, and about 2,000 feet of elevation gain. We hiked from Let-er-Buck trailhead, to Monument Lake. The packers both had about 20 pounds on them for the hike in, and 30 for the hike out. They had some panting and tongue sticking out climbs, but overall seemed to enjoy the experience. At camp they climbed the granite cliffs, eating and resting with a gorgeous view. I wish I could get them to carry more, hopefully they are able to get stronger with the more hikes.  It was an unsuccessfull hunt, but still a lot of fun Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice Pictures! Did you spot any Bucks? I know alot of the time I spot deer its just getting to them is the tricky part. Good luck!
(08-17-2015, 02:00 PM)GPW Wrote: Nice Pictures! Did you spot any Bucks? I know alot of the time I spot deer its just getting to them is the tricky part. Good luck!

Only saw a couple, never got close to any. There are a lot of fires currently burning in the area, so those may have spooked them.
How fun. I miss hunting blacktails. I have one big 4x4 on the wall I shot in Canby, and will probably never get one that big again. I bet your boys will handle more as they get conditioned. Good luck!