Fuzzy
This afternoon we my vet and I euthanized Fuzzy, my 8 year old American Alpine doe.  It was time but it wasn't easy.  She developed a limp about 2 weeks after kidding.  It has gotten progressively worse.  My vet told me I would go out to do chores one day and find she wasn't able to get up.  It had reached the point where her balance wasn't good.  She is buried in the tree row where she loved to browse.  She will always be missed.
Goatberries Happen!
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Fuzzy. She was a beautiful goat and I always loved her cute name. Does the vet have any idea what caused the limp? Nubbin went severely lame immediately after kidding, but she came out of it within a week. I have no idea what her trouble was, but I was so relieved that it went away. I'm sorry Fuzzy's problem couldn't be resolved. I'm sure you did the right thing for her, but it's still awfully hard. Sad
Thanks Nanno. He doesn't know what caused it. I'm sure glad Nubian came out of it. Fuzzy had 3 gorgeous doelings this year and 1 last year to carry on her line. They all have her loving personality.
Goatberries Happen!
Sorry to hear that Taffy. I am glad you have some of her daughtersSmile
I'm so sorry for your loss I'm sure she lived a great little goatie life though