4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale.
Well the longer Lincoln stays with Legion the more "mean" Legion gets with him cause he will not fight back. I have to get him outta there before he gets hurt or turns into a skittish goat. Not to mention Legion is learning how to use his horns way to much and is starting to become annoying with them. So if you know of anyone interested, let me know.

I paid $100 for him as a buddy and think thats still a fair price for him. He has carried a saddle for his previous owners and I have had the saddle on him a couple of times while we were out without issues. He doesnt need some work and condition cause he hasnt been used for at least a year. So a diet and conditioning would be in order.

he is coming on on 5 years of age, so lots of time left in him. He is big and powerful. Toggenburg. Ill get pictures and measurements of him tomorrow.

[attachment=255]
[attachment=256]
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I'm thinking that's a deal I need to cash in on! I know you sent info to me before but could I get it again? Thanks!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Ah was hoping you would chime in Smile The above says it all pretty much. Things I have noticed out on our walks:

He needs to get used to having something on his back again. A few times he did that funny lower the back end walk for a few steps cause of having something new on his back. Legion does the same thing. But to be expected when they have only gotten to wear their saddles twice in the last 8 or so months and even then our walks are maybe an hour. It didnt cause any issue and after a few steps, walked normal again.
He does 100% perfect on a lead. Doesnt pull or miss behave at all. But when both him and Legion are off their leads, he is kinda afraid to be close to Legion. When taken out by himself, he is equally good on or off the lead.
He loves grain. That is his treat of choice. Which of course he only gets when I do the AC treatment OR when we are out walking I have a plastic peanut butter jar full and just shake it when I want him to return to me. Its funny. I can hide behind some sage brush when he isnt looking, shake the jar and he will find me Smile Legion hates peanuts so have not tried peanuts but am sure he would love any treat.
He is currently on alfalfa but grew up on grass hay. Which it must of been good stuff cause he is one of the largest Toggenburgs I have ever seen. Other then an older top pedigree breeding buck.
Personality wise, he is totally people friendly with no hint of horn use. Has no reaction when handling his horns. The first day him and Legion were together they of course did some light battling but nothing even close to aggressive and within 20 minutes was done and wanting to just get away from Legion who was having a good time playing.
Physically he is a bit over weight from non activity but not fat like Legion and sold. Good confirmation all around and well over 200 lbs.
Oh and he is disease free. The place I bought him from had test results in hand and I think I still have a copy.

So other then a little bit of rust on him from non use, he should be a terrific packer. I just wish he would stand up to Legion. Now I just need to get him outta there before he gets hurt (which he almost did tonight thus the prompt post), or before Legion turns into a total bastard. I have already noticed a market down turn in Legions attitude. Legion spends all day having fun being a bully and its starting to show in his contact with people. So will be putting a divider between them tomorrow.

I have a couple milder mannered guys plus the coming yearlings he might just fit in with. My bigger boys especially Max are definitely head guys but they don't pursue beyond proving their point (no pun intended!). Let me figure this out, I'm not sure when I'd be able to get up there.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Aw, it's too bad Legion is so rough on his buddy. Sad He needs to be careful or he could end up with no friends like Cuzco! A goat shed is an awful lot colder when there's no one to snuggle up with. Cuzco seems to get along *better* with certain girls than he ever has with other males. He occasionally let Nibbles share his shed and stand next to him while eating, and he's now doing the same thing with Nubbin. All the girls he's ever tolerated are ones with dominant, somewhat stand-offish personalities. I wonder if Legion would be happier with a pushy doe? Then again, being around female hormones did worsen Cuzco's attitude toward people (especially Phil), so that might not be such a great idea, depending on how Legion handles such things!

I just hope Legion doesn't start bullying people. That's something we've battled in Cuzco his whole life to some extent, and we always have to watch him carefully around strangers, especially smaller women and kids. I hate that we can't trust him and always have to keep him on a leash or lock him up when we go walking with other people. The only time Cuzco isn't obnoxious around strangers is when he's in "work mode". If Legion does start bullying people, I highly recommend a shock collar. It works really well for Cuzco, and maybe if you nip it in the bud he'll never develop bad habits like our goat did. I feel that at this point in his life, we're just going to have to manage Cuzco rather than try to re-train him. He spent too many of his formative years in the rough-and-tumble of the horse pasture and his attitude is way too ingrained by now.
Thanks for the reply Nanno. Ya I am hoping Legion doesnt turn into a jerk either. I think he will be very bored by himself but in my mind I see him much more friendly when being let out to do stuff as he will crave the companionship. Just means Ill have to keep him busy Smile Maybe work some of that fat off before the rendy. He is penned right next to other goats. And his summer pen will be next to the larger breeding buck so he can kinda have fun through the horse panel. And the pen extends out into the main pasture so the girls can come over and say hi.

Added a couple of pictures of Lincoln I just took. It was time for his AC treatment for the week. Also did a dusting of python dust on him for any crawlies. He is between 35 and 36 inches at the shoulder with his head down in the lip pan. The weight tape wouldnt even come close to fitting around him so I took a piece of twine and ran it around him. He is 44 1/2 inches around at the smallest area behind his front legs. Ill see if I cant get that translated into lbs. Smile

I must be missing something - where dd you post Lincoln's photos? Big Grin

(02-04-2014, 06:24 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Thanks for the reply Nanno. Ya I am hoping Legion doesnt turn into a jerk either. I think he will be very bored by himself but in my mind I see him much more friendly when being let out to do stuff as he will crave the companionship. Just means Ill have to keep him busy Smile Maybe work some of that fat off before the rendy. He is penned right next to other goats. And his summer pen will be next to the larger breeding buck so he can kinda have fun through the horse panel. And the pen extends out into the main pasture so the girls can come over and say hi.

Added a couple of pictures of Lincoln I just took. It was time for his AC treatment for the week. Also did a dusting of python dust on him for any crawlies. He is between 35 and 36 inches at the shoulder with his head down in the lip pan. The weight tape wouldnt even come close to fitting around him so I took a piece of twine and ran it around him. He is 44 1/2 inches around at the smallest area behind his front legs. Ill see if I cant get that translated into lbs. Smile
Goatberries Happen!
I think the new picks are back at the top of the page. I hope you find him a great home Dave!
Will most likely go to Dawn. Just need to figure a way to get him there. Put a hold on separating the pen till the wind dies down and I can work out side without my fingers falling off Smile

Thats a nice looking guy Dave, very nice.

Did you get the pounds figured out yet?

Jake

Mikado, MI