Goat stansion?
(02-04-2014, 09:11 AM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Guzco got chased off a cliff and when he awoke he was a beautiful unicorn Smile hehe

^ That too. Smile

But the cliff incident didn't cause any lasting damage except the loss of the horn and a deep fear and mistrust of dogs.
If it's any comfort. We had a ewe live to 18 years. Las year the grass would squeak through her gums due to lack of front teeth to chomp off grass. But 18 years was a good run. Maybe Cuzco will have a long last half of life. We are in Oregon where it doesn't get too cold in the winter. But she didn't like the rain and wet ground. So there's a trade off.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
18 years old... wow. That is a very old goat! I don't even want to imagine how crotchety Cuzco would be by that age!
(02-05-2014, 09:11 AM)Nanno Wrote: 18 years old... wow. That is a very old goat! I don't even want to imagine how crotchety Cuzco would be by that age!

I believe Dave Suisse packed one to the age of 13. He retired him and he passed away a year later. Angel
I have built a couple from these plans, http://fiascofarm.com/files/Milk_Stand_Plans.pdf
Good stanchion, easy to build.
Thanks! Looks like a simple one. Just will need to make sure it's long enough to accommodate a full grown packgoat. Don't want his rear legs on the ground.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Hey, that's exactly the same milking stanchion I have! I wondered where my friend found the instructions to make it. It's very nice and very sturdy for my does, but you definitely need to make it bigger (and probably heavier) if you want to make one for pack goats. I would probably use 4x4's for the legs instead of 2x4's, and something wider and heavier duty for the pieces that go around the neck. It holds my does just fine, but Cuzco doesn't come close to fitting on it, and he would make matchsticks out of it even if he could fit. The hole for the neck would have to be wider, which means you definitely need wider boards to start or you won't have much wood left to hold the thing together. For a bigger goat I would also use something heavier than that hook and screw eye to clamp it shut.