Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! I hope your day has been beautiful!

We began baling 1st cutting grass hay today. It looks really good and smells great!

.jpg   2015 hay 1.jpg (Size: 60.85 KB / Downloads: 27)

Fuzzy is on day 148 today. She is so huge and uncomfortable. Who knows - maybe we'll have Mother's Day kids before midnight. Her udder is really full, her ligaments nearly gone. In this photo you can even see how her udder is squished out behind her and her back leg! She produces copious amounts of milk.

.jpg   Poor Fuzzy.jpg (Size: 77.73 KB / Downloads: 27)
Goatberries Happen!
Oh wow! Fuzzy looks a LOT closer than Jezebel--I'm pretty sure your girl is going to win this race, Taffy! Gosh, she looks uncomfortable. I hope she has them soon so she can get some relief!

How are your little quads doing? I'd love to see some more photos of them!

Also, your hay looks incredible! If you lived closer to me I'd be buying a load this week!
This is Fuzzy's 6th (and last) kidding and she's 8 years old. If Jezebel hasn't kidded that many times and is younger she may just look less pregnant. I just hope this is an easy kidding.

The quads are doing great! Joules is an awesome Mom and feeding all 4 with no problem right now. I plan to milk Fuzzy to bottle feed at least one of the quads. The little pills all chose to nurse from her right teat so I had to tape it yesterday so they'd use the left one. Today they were nursing on both and she isn't lopsided.

I haven't taken too many photos or been able to spend lots of time with the kids so far. We've been busy with the hay. With luck we'll have it all baled and tarped by tomorrow evening. Then the fun can begin!

.jpg   4 kids at 19 hours.jpg (Size: 141.76 KB / Downloads: 9)

I thought this one would be a great puzzle.

.jpg   Baby pile at 19 hrs. old.jpg (Size: 93.55 KB / Downloads: 10)

This one shows Joules udder (even though she's walking). She could use more medial but her capacity is awesome. The buckling is in the foreground. He is all boy!

.jpg   Kids 4 days old 2.jpg (Size: 108.97 KB / Downloads: 9)
Goatberries Happen!
Aw, they're so pretty! Thank you for sharing! Baby goat pictures make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Heart Big Grin