Goat Thief!
I think I may lose my new goat to my son Matthew! He loves taking him out of the pen and having him spend time wherever he’s going and whatever he’s doing. I’m positive it’s because the goat is so big and Matthew loves anything “Binford-ized.” Did you ever watch the TV show Home Improvement? Tools and everything else were made bigger and more powerful by Tim the Tool Man.

All of Dude's/Buddy's tests came back negative so he has been let out of quarantine and integrating into the herd. Jethro, my buck and Dude/Buddy have been going a lot of posturing. Dude/Buddy (we've got to settle on a name!) towers over Jethro and my mini Alpine buck and - crazy as it sounds - my mini Alpine buck is still going to be top dog! They have a small dirt hill in their pen and of course it's thier perfect place to play king of the mountain!

.jpg   Posturing 1.jpg (Size: 71.17 KB / Downloads: 39)

.jpg   Posturing 2.jpg (Size: 113.07 KB / Downloads: 39)

I took Banjo (who I put in with Dude/Buddy during quarantine) and Dude/Buddy out to graze in the hay field - which is really tall and lush right now. We'll be cutting it in about 10 days. I mow the edges of the field along the chain link fence that runs along my back yard and the east hay field. That crazy Dude/Buddy preferred eating the mowed grass instead of grazing in the field! Not Banjo, he loved the field.

.jpg   Mowed grass is better than the hay field.jpg (Size: 76.67 KB / Downloads: 39)
Goatberries Happen!
Wow, so cool! I love when they play like that. Big Grin

I like the name "Dude" better myself. Wink
His original name was Daryl but I couldn't handle that one. I was going to call him Dude. Matthew wants to call him Buddy. So, whose goat is he, anyway! Tongue
Goatberries Happen!