Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2015
Thanks, I think they're cute too! I love the cou clair coloring, and the white splashes just add a bit of fun and flash to their handsome coats. They're very friendly and love to be cuddled. I don't have to chase these guys down and force them to tolerate people like I did with Sputnik last year. They take right after their people-loving papa!
It's raining outside--time for a cute baby goat fix!

Sledge:

Hammer:

Snack break.

The bucket challenge!

Ooooozing down the rock face.

These stairs were a great source of entertainment yesterday afternoon, offering many opportunities for leaping, tumbling, pushing, playing "King of the Hill," and other new activities.

It's funny how the herd dynamics change when new babies arrive. Nubbin and Petunia usually fight like cats and dogs, and Nubbin has always been bossy toward Jezebel and Delilah (everyone is--they're bottom of the totem pole). But now that Nubbin is feeling the exhaustion that comes with motherhood, her whole demeanor has transformed. She and Petunia are all chummy now, and Nubbin left the babies in her care while she went and exchanged pleasantries with Jezebel and Delilah over in their shed. I think Nubbin is trying to get on everyone's good side so she can beg babysitting favors. I only hope when Jezebel's babies arrive that Nubbin is as sweet to them as Jezebel has been to Nubbin's kids.

Everyone has been sweet to these babies. Petunia was never an outstanding mother to her own kids, but I think she's really enjoying Nubbin's. She was snuggled up with them in their shed this morning while Nubbin went out to visit neighbors. Petunia must be like me--I love other people's kids and am happy to play with them any time, but I don't want to be bothered with kids of my own. They're far too much work! I'm so glad Petunia doesn't take after her mother in this regard! I was worried about that, but needlessly it appears. I only hope she doesn't start nursing these babies because I want Petunia's milk for myself!
Phil and I brought the kids in for another movie last night, and I LOVE these guys! They are by far the snuggliest baby goats we've ever had. They bounce and play on the kitchen floor while I make snacks, but the minute we sit down on the couch and plop them into our laps, they flop over and conk out for the entire two hours or more. There's not been one whimper, or struggle, or bathroom break. Sledge laid with his head on my shoulder and his little cheek snuggled up to mine for most of the movie last night. Nubbin is a great mom and has been keeping them very clean, so we haven't had to spend any time wiping yuck off them before they come in the house. I'm going to be sad when they get too big for this, and it won't be long, so I'm thoroughly enjoying it while I can.
Phil likes to take a baby goat to work with him these days. I'm not sure productivity is increased, but job satisfaction goes through the roof!

Last night Phil got to hold TWO baby goats during the movie! I was holding the popcorn bowl in my lap and didn't want to risk dropping it, so Phil got double the fun! We call this "dual goatage". Big Grin

The little guys are doing awesome, and Auntie Petunia is a great babysitter for them when Nubbin gets out for some "me time".
Baby goats are the best!

-Phil
I'm with you, Phil! Baby goats are the best!
Goatberries Happen!
Nubbin was as excited about the snow as Cuzco (that is, not much!), and she opted to stay indoors while Auntie Petunia took the kids out to play in their first snow.

Petunia adores these babies and I only hope she doesn't start suckling them. So far she's drawn the line on that one, but she snuggles up with them at night as if they were her own.

Daisy also loves babies... any baby and every baby is "hers" from the moment it's born.

Even Papa Finn got in on the action when he helped his prodigy navigate the slick, snowy boulders.

How fun! Love their coloring!
Here we are finishing up 1st cutting hay today and you have snow on the ground! I love seeing your photos. Your goats have a great life!
Goatberries Happen!