Legion went to pack goat camp today :)
Been talking about doing it for awhile and finally did it. I dont have the time or the need to keep Legion. He just sits in his pen most of the year getting fat and barn sour. So after talking about it, today after church, Curtis King swung by and picked up Legion. I cant think of a better person or a funner place for him. Curtis will try to whip him into shape and hopefully be able to use him this fall.

Curtis has his hands full though and if Legion is to rowdy, he will come back here. Although not aggressive with me, I know how much he can hound other goats and because he has mainly lived in his pen with no real people or goat contact, he will have no idea how to behave with other pack goats or someone who knows how to use em. As I am sure a few of you remember how much of a snob he was at the rendy. Wouldnt let anyone even touch him without making a face Smile I am hoping he transitions smoothly but I will keep his pen ready for him if he needs to come back home.

Thank you Curtis for giving this a try!!!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I can't wait to do hike with the three brothers Legion, Thor, and Mocha! Smile
I'm sure Curtis will whip Legion into shape and have him working in his pack string in no time! He sure went to a great home!
Goatberries Happen!
Aw, I'm so happy for you and Legion. I can't wait to hear about his adventures. I sure hope he does well for Curtis! It will be pretty exciting for you to see how he works out as a packer since this will be something of a test of your packgoat breeding program. I'm eager for the time in a few years when I can put my kiddos to the test. At the same time, I know how much you love Legion and I'm sure it's hard for you to let him be with someone else.
Hey, Dave, you could always set Legion up with my Maximus if he gets too big for his britches up there. Maxi can handle any young upstart!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Thought I would give an update. Legion fell right into place amongst Curtis's boys and made himself right at home. I swear he has already dropped 10 pounds of fat and is so much more chill. I guess Curtis even took him to a seminar and Legion had no problems with everyone petting him Smile If you remember last year at the Rendy, he was so stuck up and would just walk away Smile. Thanks again Curtis!

I'm so glad to hear this! I was actually thinking about Legion the other day and wondering how he was doing. Thanks for the update!
Now we just need to get some pics of Curtis's new pack string. I think he is up to eight great goats!Smile
Every time I see this thread it sets off alarms. I read it like he went to "Freezer camp" or "The Meat Packing Company" or some other euphemism people use.
LOL ya it felt that way when he left. I hate not being able to go out there and just scratch his cheeks and have a little chat with him. But my God how much fun is he having over at Curtis' Smile

Felt about the same when Curtis talked me outta my hunter orange pack, panniers, halter, collar... Smile But cant have Legion out hiking without his "DONT SHOOT ME SUIT!"