what to plant for goat feed?
I love gardening and trying to be as self reliant as possible. What kind of veggies, fodder, or grains would you grow to help feed your goats? I imagine they would like having a variety garden treats to munch on and lower your feeding bill. Any thoughts, recommendations, or words of caution?
They love zucchini and pumpkins. We always have a plethora of them!
Goatberries Happen!
I wish I could grow peanuts...especially salted. Dodgy
(01-28-2014, 07:11 PM)TOU Wrote: I wish I could grow peanuts...especially salted. Dodgy

We can grow them here in Kennewick, WA. Just grew them for the first time this past summer.Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
Taffy, I didn't realize you were in Kennewick. I live in West Pasco. We should get a Tri-Cities goat hike planned this summer.
I've been surprised at how many of us are in this area. It would be fun to get together.Smile
Goatberries Happen!
Anyone know of a good area in the tri cities for a hike? I know there arent many. About the best close play with fewer people that I know of is around the flat bridge between Pasco and Richland, maybe the Delta or across from Beaver bark next to the rock pit.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(01-28-2014, 09:16 PM)Taffy Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 07:11 PM)TOU Wrote: I wish I could grow peanuts...especially salted. Dodgy

We can grow them here in Kennewick, WA. Just grew them for the first time this past summer.Big Grin

Seriously? If you can grow them there, you would think we could grow them in Utah. (I don't know the first thing about them but would love to grow my own.)

I'm trying peanuts this year, ordered them from Park Seed. Got to make the soil liter, so I'm going to make my own growing bags and going vertical.Smile
I really wanted to plant peanut hay but at 55.00 a lbs for seed, not going to happen
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)