Welcome to PackGoatCentral!
Good suggestions, Charlie Horse. Larry was kind enough to give us nice write up and a quarter-page ad in the last Goat Tracks magazine, and I'll talk to him about getting an ad in there every issue.

The best way to boost us up to the top of Google searches, Phil says, is to get links on a lot of other websites. I got a little busy and distracted lately, but after the holidays I want to contact all the outfitters and folks that rent and sell pack goats and gear and see if I can get this site linked on their websites and also get some ads for their sites on this one. We aren't a huge group, so we need to stay connected.

I also encourage people to post information articles, threads, photos, etc. here even if they are also posting them elsewhere. After the abrupt move to TGS without warning, I'm pretty sure we could easily lose all the stuff there if they decided to sell out, make changes, whatever. I already copied everything I wrote on PackGoatForums to PDF so I can copy/paste here or to a personal blog when I have the time.
Thought this might be the right spot to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very lucky and goatie New Year!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
(12-24-2013, 10:49 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Thought this might be the right spot to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very lucky and goatie New Year!

Merry Christmas!
Thanks and back at you and everyone else Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
What the heck!?? How did everyone else manage to find their way here but me??? I looked all over the "GoatSpot" and found nothing to point me here. I finally emailed NW Pack Goats who pointed me in the right direction! Exuse the rant but I have been fuming ever since the old forum got taken down. Glad to find everyone here, I feel like I was lost & now am found! So how DID the rest of you get here?
Glad you found us! The folks at TheGoatSpot were really tetchy about anyone discussing an alternate site and wouldn't let us post links or even mention it. I was able to send private messages to a handful of interested parties before I got banned from TGS for starting this forum, but unfortunately I couldn't get ahold of very many before that happened, and I'm not encouraging anyone else to do what I did lest they meet with the same fate.

Perhaps you should take out a subscription to Goat Tracks magazine or study it more carefully if you already have. Wink
Larry was kind enough to give PackGoatCentral a nice write-up and a large ad. People keep trickling in, and hopefully word will get around eventually.
I made a post the first day or so to welcome everyone from the packgoatforum and tried to keep it near the top but havent lately. Later on I just posted for anyone from the forums who found that post to PM or email me for directions to get to here. For the first week or so, each time you clicked on the packgoatforum link, it would redirect you to the goat spot. But now there is just a small texted link. But that was about it.

GLAD TO SEE YOU MAX!!! Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Thanks, I was actually wondering if Goatracks had anything in it but my subscription expired & I have been meaning to renew so I will have to get on that! I was gonna email NW Pack Goats a week or two ago & ask what was up but for two days I couldn't even pull up their site, don't know if it was my server or theirs but I was beginning to feel like there was a conspiracy afoot! I have some catching up to do here now. Really glad this has re-emerged here & thanks to Nanno & everyone else who had anything to do with it.
Oh my, imagine my surprise at coming home after 3 months spent attending to my daughter's medical treatments (all is well now), trying to catch up on the Packgoat forum, and being redirected to a 404 error and the Goat Spot! I am doing the happy dance that the forum was easy to find through a Google search and that there are many familiar packing names from the (former??) forum here. I apologize for missing the whole business of the forum changing locations, but life has been busy being live. Nice to see you all!

I'm really looking forward to being home and breaking out the carting gear when the weather dries a bit. How I have come to appreciate the mundane, day-to-day live!

Rose-Marie and the Saanen boys,
Gordy, Gil, and Finn
Glad you found us! We are starting to climb up the Google search ladder. Smile