Welcome to PackGoatCentral!
That is rather vindictive that one person can make decisions on who can stay and who can't. Is he having a Grinch moment? On other forums people are constantly referring to other places that the info they need is on. It doesn't change anything about the first forum by doing this. Just seems this news would discourage packers from going there. I am staying but for the info on dairy since I do have milking does too. Let's hope he reconsiders. TGS wouldn't be the same without Cuzco.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
(12-07-2013, 01:06 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: I chatted with him via PM and let him know all would be good if you returned. He is thinking it over. I tried to sweet talk him a bit. Will just have to wait and see how charming I am I guess Smile

You're a peach. Smile
Well when whomever he works for took over the goat spot, I guess quite a few of the people who voiced they didnt like it also got banned. I am still surprised I didnt.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Yeesh. That's a philosophical difference Austin and I have in how communities ought to be run. I tend to take it for granted that there will always be unhappy campers in any community, particularly with any and all changes. However, I find it's best to try to work with people and let them have their opinions. Sometimes disagreement is the best catalyst for positive change. Obviously everyone can't have their way, but there's no reason to alienate all dissenters and cast them into the outer darkness! Not to say that anyone is allowed to say anything they want. When it amounts to insults, curses, threats, and personal attacks, the line has been crossed. But even then I find it's better to delete or edit the offending posts and have a chat with the person rather than jump immediately to a ban.

Several people on our Galcon.com forums decided one time that I'm much to puritanical in my approach to forum management. Teenagers tend to be a bit rough around the edges and I like to introduce them to manners and help them discover that there is a wide and nuanced vocabulary beyond the range of four-letter words. They created their own separate forum without "rules" (my only rule is "be excellent to each other," but I guess that's too much to ask). I even allowed them to post the link on our forums so they could get users. I didn't give them ad space or anything, but I didn't strike down the link and delete the thread about it either. I figure there's all kinds of people in the world, and if they want to carve out their own niche with their own feel, let them have at!
Great place Nanno...thx for doing it.

I am also one for expanding the horizons of the others to expand our "sport"/ hobby/ obsession. I plan on being active in both places and like you may re-hash some item at both places in the interest of content being kept.

Thx again...looks great and feel more I better. (Sorry you got banned o TGS, very sad.)

Ken
Some forums are a lot tighter with decention than others. I've been suspended before, but never banned. I figure that there was some money exchanged in this deal and he felt that he needed to draw a hard line in the sand to keep the others happy. If it was just a bunch of volunteers administering a community there would not be such an issue.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Some awesome news... I've been talking with Larry Robinson of Goat Tracks magazine, and he's sending me the DVDs of all the back issues! A lot of the information articles printed there were also posted in the old forums, and it seems to me that this might be the best way to get our old database back and flesh out this new site with good information. Once I get the DVD's in, I'll start posting old articles here on the forums so the wonderful wisdom is available again. It'll probably take me a while, but I think the information is worth the effort it will take.

Also, if any of you wish to re-post any of your old contributions on these forums I think you can do so without worry. Those of us who wrote things still have every right to put our own material wherever we wish. I'm probably going to move some of my driving articles over here.
So... I was just thinking. (Never a good sign!) I wonder how it would be if I got us a little chat room space somewhere and put a link at the top of the page. Does anyone besides me think that would be fun? Would anyone use it?
(12-10-2013, 01:23 PM)Nanno Wrote: Some awesome news... I've been talking with Larry Robinson of Goat Tracks magazine, and he's sending me the DVDs of all the back issues! A lot of the information articles printed there were also posted in the old forums, and it seems to me that this might be the best way to get our old database back and flesh out this new site with good information. Once I get the DVD's in, I'll start posting old articles here on the forums so the wonderful wisdom is available again. It'll probably take me a while, but I think the information is worth the effort it will take.

I could help you with that, as I also have the back issue DVD. Just let me know.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

(12-15-2013, 11:56 PM)Sanhestar Wrote: I could help you with that, as I also have the back issue DVD. Just let me know.

That would be awesome! I'm probably going to create a new account just to post articles that were written by others so that I don't inadvertently get credit for things I did not write. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start working on it and I can give you access to article-posting account. We can figure out how to divide the work so we don't accidentally post the same article twice.