Welcome to PackGoatCentral!
Hi Nanno, thanks for setting up the new Forum. I wanted to cross-post an ad I saw on Craigslist for a nice pack goat here in Central Idaho. Were you planning on setting up a "Classified" topic? If so, I will wait until you do that. Thanks again!
I will set up a classifieds section now! Thanks for the suggestion.

P.S. I put it under the "News" section.
(12-04-2013, 11:39 PM)joecool911 Wrote: This will be great! Having one of our own running the site after being thrown to the wolves.

I don't want to make bad blood with the TGS folks--the community itself is very nice--but I'm afraid I may be on their administrator's "naughty list" because I made this website. I hope we can move past our differences and agree to disagree. The way the "powers that be" disbanded packgoatforum.com and piggy-backed us onto another community without permission or even a note was so far beyond the pale that I'm afraid I can't trust that our community there won't be discarded sometime in the future. I don't want us to get sold, traded, or deleted because of someone else's bottom line!

I'm desperately hoping we can get our old content back so we don't have to start over from scratch. I believe it belongs to us and wasn't for sale. I want all of us to control the content here and I want to assure everyone that I am not interested in making money off this site or selling it to anyone. The content here is ours, not mine. I believe you are entitled to know what goes on and to have input about what happens to your forum.

I encourage people to still engage with TheGoatSpot. The folks there are nice and it's good to be able to reach a broader audience. Personally, I will probably put my contributions here first and copy/paste them there since I'm not confident that our posts will be protected. I don't want all our good stuff lost because someone decides to make a budget cut!
Might contact Rex. He said he has all the back ups for the packgoatforum up until April of this year. And I thought that trust post you did was spot on. Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
From what I've seen the folks on TGS are quite accepting. I've not however warmed up to their forum.

Not pushing you Nan, but eventually I'd like to see the "hunting with goats" sub forum. I really enjoyed that on the packgoat forum.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
How about having a section on goat vacations, including pics? Or training techniques? Just throwing out some ideas.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
I was also thinking about a place to discuss meeting other packers and hosting packers from out of state. I'd like to spend some time in idaho for instance. Planning on a hunt there this fall. Be nice to meet some of the goat folks over there.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
A "camp fire" is also in need Smile There is no telling to the nonsense Ill post sometimes and thats a great place to post it Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(12-05-2013, 06:19 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Might contact Rex. He said he has all the back ups for the packgoatforum up until April of this year.

I know Rex has the backups, but there are legal issues involved. I don't know that we can get them back just because they're there. I don't want to get involved in a copyright lawsuit!

Also, I'll get to work adding some more forums today! Thanks everyone for your support. I hope we can build this community back up again. I'm hoping I can get my hands on an email list so I can contact anyone who might have been "lost" in the move. I know we had a ton of lurkers on the old forums because they always came out of the woodwork whenever Rex did one of his drawings, and I also met a lot of them at the Rendy last summer. The drawings were fun... I wonder if we can get people to donate stuff to revive that again?
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Taffy

(12-03-2013, 06:33 PM)Nanno Wrote: Hey Folks,

I know we had a rough time getting tossed into TheGoatSpot without warning, so I'm going to try and get this PackGoat-oriented forum up and running in the next few weeks as I have time. Please bear with me as I muddle through this. It's a big learning curve for me since my husband is usually the one who sets these things up and all I ever have to do is moderate them after they're running smoothly. This time it's mostly up to me, so you'll have to be patient. If you have any suggestions for categories, etc., please let me know here or via private message.

Thanks for your patience!
Goatberries Happen!