Sable/Saanen
To me the biggest thing when picking a goat is personality, and body plan. I have a lamancha with a great personality, but he's a big brew-vat with legs and refuses to do work. Not a good pack goat even though the breed has a history of being great pack goats. I have 2 bottle baby brothers. One is thinner and well built, while the other is sloppy and has a dip in the spine right behind the shoulder blades. I worry he wont be that great of a pack goat, but they both have wonderful personalities. I have a big huge pack goat that has a great build and is easy to work with, but he's otherwise aloof and not really that 'close' with me. I had an alpine that was well built and lovable with me, but got pushy with strangers and children, so while he was the best, he was also one I might not bring in some situations. I have an alpine thats super tall and skinny, so cant carry huge loads, but really loves me and he has never let me down. Its always a roll of the dice.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
Sable/Saanen - by Stringinit - 03-12-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: Sable/Saanen - by Taffy - 03-12-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Sable/Saanen - by Charlie Horse - 03-13-2021, 05:50 AM
RE: Sable/Saanen - by Nanno - 03-13-2021, 08:48 AM
RE: Sable/Saanen - by Charlie Horse - 03-13-2021, 08:55 AM
RE: Sable/Saanen - by blackie's maiden - 09-08-2022, 03:57 PM