9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!!

I wasn't crazy for not liking how the baby goats were pawing at the dirt pedestal.   Physics is a thing!

We found a new fossil.  A dinosaur tail!  Its cool to find stuff articulated like this.  I dont think I'll look so good after 150 million years!

George crowned himself "King George".  Odds are this will always be my favorite picture of him.

We had lunch on top of this stepped ziggurat and joked how funny it would be to place a lonely toilet on top.  Porcelain peak.  And what a view!

Shelby GT inspecting the modern art.

A petrified log.  This so-called paleo-soil was laid down by a vast, meandering river network.

The Morrison Formation has 90% of the fossils in the state.  It also has lots of cool agate and other rocks and crystals.  For instance, you almost always find rose-quartz clusters in proximity to dinosaur bones.  A week later I took my brother on this same hike and found that someone had carved out blocks of dino bone from my favorite area (at this location) so recently that their footprints and tire tracks were fresh.  Hopefully it was for science.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!! - by Charlie Horse - 01-16-2021, 04:16 AM