9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!!
Our second day of hiking was spent in the Dutch Flats desert area and it was the perfect place to go boulder-climbing with baby goats! I can't get over the bands of purple and white dirt. Just amazing. 

George and Butterfly had spent the previous day at their new home getting acquainted with Oscar and Felix. George no longer felt he had to protect Butterfly from the other boys so everyone was able to have a good time playing together.  

"Good job Phil Now just a little more to the left!" 

Seeing all the goats crowded underneath for the shade made Herb nervous. There's not much holding that massive weight up!  

We climbed to the top of this tall "ziggurat" to eat lunch. I had a spot of difficulty at the top. I wear dual-purpose horseback riding/hiking boots which means the treads are minimalist so they can slide easily out of stirrups. They work great in most situations, but this wasn't one of them. I started sliding downhill backwards and Phil had to come back and pull me up. I should've grabbed onto Sputnik and made him pull me up, but by the time I realized I needed help Sputnik was already disappearing over the top of the hill. Goats are such show-offs! 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!! - by Nanno - 01-15-2021, 11:21 AM