Goat's toes are pointed inward / crossing -- he can't walk without pain.
I couldn't really wait, as David was in an increasing amount of pain, so I picked up some trimmers in town and did a first trim yesterday (it'll take a few successive trims). I got all of the curling overgrowth off, so his hoof walls are at least straight. I'm glad I did it quickly, as he had sand and debris, even a pebble lodged in hoof between the overgrowth and the sole. Must have been awful. However, it was dry, and, once it was cleaned thoroughly did not have any soft spots or infection (thank goodness). I must have taken off an inch or more in the worst spots, and there's still more to go.

This morning, he was walking again and even knocking around with his friends. He's still favoring his right leg, but things are so much better. I think this picture from this morning says it all. Yesterday morning he wouldn't even get up. Today, he's doing so much better!

Thank you so much for your guidance. I may have some more questions as I get closer to getting his hoofs flush.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goat's toes are pointed inward / crossing -- he can't walk without pain. - by sheepslinky - 08-23-2020, 01:02 PM