Snow finally melting
Took a pack string out with the kids and wife this Sunday.  Pilot hauled 28 lbs, Buddy hauled 26 lbs, Uber hauled 6 lbs and Thor on his first backcountry trip hauled 4lbs.  Was able to access some of my favorite spots with the pack string.  Lakes were chalk full of trout and this guy forgot his fishing pole!   Was greeted by a group of yellow bellied marmots down one of the mountain sides and enjoyed the look on ones face as we got within mere feet and he finally noticed us.  Even though the others let out loud whistles and all ran minutes prior.  I do have one gear question for those that pack in the wet areas of our country.  What do  you line your panniers with?  My sleeping bags were soaked from the vegetation touching the panniers.  It was a near perfect Sunday trip full of so many different views as we made our way up and down a few different mountain tops.  Goats were all robust this morning during feeding time and showing no signs of soreness.  All those local hikes are really paying off with conditions runs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Snow finally melting - by seth s - 08-10-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: Snow finally melting - by Nanno - 08-10-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: Snow finally melting - by seth s - 08-10-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: Snow finally melting - by Charlie Horse - 08-11-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: Snow finally melting - by Nanno - 08-11-2020, 06:39 AM