The deep, dark depths of winter
Glad you like my costume! I'm rather proud of it myself. We've had the wig for ages (can't remember where we got it) and of course since I ride English the boots, breeches, and whip were no problem. I have a husband who collects marbles so I had my choice of spheres. The blouse and vest were the hard part. I had to look through a lot of stinky shirts at the thrift store before I found two that worked--one had the frilly collar, the other had the billowy sleeves, and I was able to sew them together. I looked at a lot of overpriced second hand leather vests, most of which were dogeared and none of which had the right fit with the low scoop in front and no collar. Finally I found this little fabric vest which was the perfect cut and was nice and cheap to boot! I love it when a costume comes together!

Of course, I go to the '80's party and I'm the only one dressed as any type of character. Everyone else just wore "what they wore in the '80's" which was jeans and t-shirts. I think one lady had holes in her jeans but they weren't acid washed. No one even wore leg warmers, frizzed hair, crazy eyeshadow, or side ponytails! And get this--only a couple of them had even SEEN Labyrinth so I think my costume was a little lost on that crowd. Nevermind. I had a really good time and felt a little smug about being the only one there who was truly in the spirit of the thing. It'll definitely turn heads at State Fair this fall!

Messages In This Thread
The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 03-08-2020, 11:05 AM
RE: The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 03-08-2020, 11:20 AM
RE: The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 03-08-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 03-08-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 03-12-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: The deep, dark depths of winter - by Nanno - 10-28-2023, 11:07 AM