Charlie Horse's 2019 Picture Thread

This area is just east of town and the road is smooth.  Its so popular that on this Labor Day Weekend, I even saw another car!

I found some copper stained sandstone.  Nice specimen!  Sometimes it comes in blue, sometimes green.

The Entrada is unique to the area and makes up Goblin Valley, but most people don't know how much is actually exposed. 

Its my goal to explore the entirety of these red ledges which extend from the north end of the San Rafael, down to the south end of the Swell, and onward toward Capital Reef.

There's so much more to see.  Here Shelby looks north toward Buck Horn Draw, where we'll be exploring on some future date.

Also, I saw something white on the ground- A six inch long piece of bone.  But upon picking it up, it made more of a ceramic sound rather than the old, weathered woody sound of a bone.  Its bone, but kinda fossilized somehow.  It has a few rub-marks on it and I'm wondering if its some kind of Indian tool.  I'll look at it a little closer later.  I saw no other bits of bone in the area.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie Horse's 2019 Picture Thread - by Charlie Horse - 08-31-2019, 04:37 PM