Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt
(10-30-2018, 08:37 PM)blackies maiden Wrote: Do you have an option of.microchips to satisfy your government? You do have to plan ahead here as our government knows no deadlines other than their own!
We do have the option of microchips (or the equivalent - electronic id) but they have to be embedded in visual id ear tag rather than subcut like with dogs and cats.  I also have little dog tags on their collars which  they wear when we go out. Good idea you have about marking the collar too, in case the dog tag goes astray (pun not intended! lol) . I have only been out and about in town with them so far, but am very much looking forward to our first bush walk.

Thank you so much for the replies, I knew the community here would 'get' my distress.
Unlike me, they were over it the second I was done tagging and in the days since don't even seem to be sore which has surprised me, I have seen them rubbing and scritching their faces as they normally do, including the tagged ear. The tag site looks clean,dry and not swollen at all, much less fuss  than I thought the aftercare would be so far.

Messages In This Thread
Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 10-29-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 10-29-2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Deborah Haney - 10-30-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 11-02-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Nanno - 11-02-2018, 05:19 PM