Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread
I haven't posted pics from the last few weeks, but I have been hiking.  Its dry here.  We have had an inch and a half of snow as the only precipitation since October.  Every storm vaporizes north and south or splits to go around us.  They drained the reservoir last year to work on the dam, so there's no water.  My cattle-farming hay guy cut me off a couple weeks ago and I still havent found any hay.  Looks like I'll have to drive 100 miles to get some.  

Some cliffs made of mudstone from the Manco Shale formation.  This was once a muddy sea bed, but is now at 6,000 feet.

Last week it was pretty hot-- A blistering 70 degrees and the goats still have most of their undercoat.  Luna sought shade where possible.

Berry Goatalo snacking on juniper bark as an excuse to get some shade.

Luna hides out in an obviously very ancient Freemont Indian cliff dwelling.... That or some kids made an overhang into a fortress.

Today was overcast with a cool breeze.  No panting this trip.

We found a new area today.  Lots of decomposing sandstone boulders.

The magestic Packus Capricornicus Familiarus.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 01-29-2018, 09:50 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Charlie Horse - 04-29-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Kat - 06-04-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM