The Trouble with Two Year Olds
I'm so glad to hear other's experiences. Rocky has always been a little more "assertive" than my other boys but I think the worst of it came with the 7 new kids that dropped a few weeks ago. He's always been one to "push the limits" with the "accidental" side brushings and I've questioned this behavior before. It's good for me to hear the best ways to deal with it. I've always said that Rocky is the goat I'd never give to a human kid to handle alone.
Do you think it would be good to pull him out of the herd for some alone time for some walks and work? I've always got him with at least one other goat (his 1/2 brother) when we are training or out walking. I definitely need to put an end to this behavior because I see how he could be dangerous. He's really good with the command, "back up" because it is often accompanied with a squirt bottle. But the fly-by brushings and picking fights with other goats is often when the squirt bottle is (conveniently for him) out of reach. He's smart and now that I'm convinced he knows exactly what he's doing. I don't kick or smack them, being under the impression it would make them even more challenging towards me. I will keep the boot-to-ass method in mind though.
THANKS!!!

Messages In This Thread
The Trouble with Two Year Olds - by saltphoenix - 01-22-2018, 12:39 PM
RE: The Trouble with Two Year Olds - by Nanno - 01-22-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: The Trouble with Two Year Olds - by saltphoenix - 01-26-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: The Trouble with Two Year Olds - by Nanno - 01-26-2018, 09:01 PM