How To Protect Goats From Dogs?
Very good question. First, I always bring a leash for each goat so I can keep my critters close to me if we encounter a dog. Usually the goats will run to me anyway, but I like to make sure that my animals at least are under control. Many people have used pepper spray or a Dog Dazer with good success. Some folks prefer to carry a heavy walking stick and use it to beat off any unwanted dog intrusions. I have dogs at home so my goats are comfortable around them and tend to bristle up and present horns when a dog gets too close. Some dog owners are really foolish and think it's a great idea for Fido to meet your goat, so they'll actually encourage their dog to go up and sniff. I always tell them to please call their dog back. I don't know their dog, and a sniff can turn to a bite in the blink of an eye. I also don't know that my goat won't haul off and crack their dog in the skull. I don't care so much about their nosy dog (except that no dog should get hurt because of his owner's ignorance), but I personally don't want to get caught in the crossfire when my goat starts swinging his horns in self-defense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To Protect Goats From Dogs? - by Nanno - 08-07-2017, 08:08 AM
RE: How To Protect Goats From Dogs? - by Don - 10-17-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: How To Protect Goats From Dogs? - by Ms_Mudd - 10-18-2018, 02:15 AM
RE: How To Protect Goats From Dogs? - by Ms_Mudd - 10-24-2018, 01:40 AM