My new soon to be packers....
Hey All,

Thought I would show you a few picks of my new packers that I will be picking up from Dwite Sharp in June. I am very tickled about them think they will be great. My only criteria with Dwite as that they be smart & over 200 lbs when grown. (He has the largest two goats I have ever seen at over 275 lbs & 42"! I had to commit to these initially sight un seen as I'm raising a hornless herd and wanted the dehorned ASAP & he normally raises horned goats. He was kind enough to accommodate me. BTW, if you all have not had the pleasure, Dwite & his sweet wife are some of the kindest, most generous & most knowledgeable goat people I have ever met. He raises some of the finest looking pack goats in the nation with documented bloodlines period. He will not just sell culled wethers...they are purposely bred & must meet strict criteria. He also donates the majority of his proceeds to NAPgA...now there is dedication and commitment!!!

Here is a bit of info & pics from Dwite about these two at a couple of weeks old.

Quote:Cruze (Peach faced)-------- 50% Oberhasli ---- 25% Saanen ---- 25% Boer

Forest (Caramel) -------- 50% Oberhasli ---- 25% Alpine ------ 25% Boer

The "Boys" are highly advanced, more so than anything I've ever raised before. Long legged, wide bodied and growing like proverbial weeds ! They are drinking 16 oz. of pasteurized goats milk every 8 hours, followed by 8 oz. of water. At less than a week of age they began eating our pellet creep feed "Without" any eating instructions from us. The very "first" time we offered it to them they took it with "NO" help and have upped their daily intake every day since. Have never had this happen before. They have this pelleted feed available to them 24/7. They are eating brome hay and alfalfa hay at will and have been since before 1 week of age.

Forest's ears are fully upright and he can move them in all directions. Chase's ears are more horizontal and shorter. They both had the cartilage in their ears damaged shortly after birth by the 3 degree temperature, despite 102 degree heating pads and multiple heat lamps. Forest has recovered fully but Chase is taking a little longer and may never get stand up ears. He appears to have a little more of the Boer characteristics.

Boer characteristics, at 25% (Tarzan T66 look him up, he was Grand Champion of the US & Oz and was one of the highest selling goats in history).At 24 days old they were a bit over 17 & 20 lbs respectively.

Sure looking forward to adding these guys!!!

TOU

[Image: Forest24days3-25-14-1.jpg]

[Image: Forestfeelinkindalikeanap.jpg]

[Image: ForestaintIcute.jpg]

[Image: ForestampChasesuckinitin2.jpg]

[Image: Cruzesecondsplease3-25-14.jpg]

[Image: ChasemomsaysImcute.jpg]

[Image: BopeepampTriplets24days3-25-14.jpg]

Tarzan T66's website

Messages In This Thread
My new soon to be packers.... - by TOU - 04-12-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: My new soon to be packers.... - by vigilguy - 04-12-2014, 09:15 PM