No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness
In the document listed above I found proposed standards for "Recreational Resources" noted as:
2172* The following are prohibited:
a) Having greater than 12 persons in a group. 
b) Being in the area with a combined number of pack and saddle stock in excess of 14 animals.
c) Shortcutting trail switchbacks on foot or with pack and saddle stock. 
d) Building, maintaining, attending, or using campfires above 9,000’ elevation, with the exception of Walker, Island, Upper and Lower Chamberlain (9,477’ and 9,197’) and Boorn Lakes (See Figures 4 and 5). 
e) Building, maintaining, attending, or using campfires within 200 yards of Swimm Lake.
f) Tethering pack and saddle stock within 100 feet of springs, lakes, or streams. 
g) Tying pack and saddle stock to live trees for periods longer than one hour. 
h) Recreational grazing within 200 yards of lakes. 
i) Depositing human waste within 100 feet of water, trails and campsites, and/or not burying waste before vacating the area. 
j) Recreational stock use above Lodgepole Lake, above Quiet Lake, within Gunsight Creek, and within the Big  Boulder drainage (see Figure 6 below) excluding Walker and Island lakes.

I would be grateful if anyone else has the time to review this Wilderness Management Plan to point out to me any other areas you find of interest to packgoats.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness - by Nanno - 01-20-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness - by IdahoNancy - 01-21-2017, 10:37 PM