In memory of Sasha
I had to put Sasha down today due to probably liver cancer causing internal bleeding.  There was no realistic treatment that I could afford or that would leave her as a happy dog again.  She was ten years old, and most options, if they extended her life at all, would leave her in pain and most likely would result with more cancer spreading anyhow.  I kinda knew something was starting to go wrong with her and I was going to take her in for a checkup, but she really crashed last night and I got her to the vet pronto.  I didn't really have much time to see this coming, but I feel like its OK.  She had a great life with an awesome home and yard and fields, a "job" of harassing horses at feeding time, people that loved her, awesome camping and hiking adventures, she had puppies once, and a feeling of belonging.  Other than a couple extra years, she had it all.  I'm going to post a few of my favorite pictures.

[Image: rendy_13_sasha_01.jpg]
Sasha at the '13 Rendy

[Image: sasha_03.jpg]
Striking a pose!

[Image: sasha_lake_01.jpg]
German Sheps are water dogs for sure. 

[Image: timp_14_03.jpg]
Two years ago at the top of Timpanogos

[Image: climbing_baldy_01.jpg]
Mount Baldy in the Uintas.

[Image: sasha_cactus_01.jpg]
Certain friends of mine know how to make friends with Sasha- Treats!
Sasha always loved my mechanic friend Gordie and Cactus Dan of the West (seen above)

[Image: 135_camp_sasha_01.jpg]
Last October's big trip.  She was getting older and she got sore and stiff after the first day. 
I was afraid that this year I'd have to start leaving her home.  In the end I never once left her home.

[Image: 105_window_relaxing_01.jpg]
An adventuring friend.  But also more or less the perfect dog in many other ways.  She was trustworthy.

[Image: srs_may_07.jpg]
Taking the lead.  Sasha knew where we were going and she was going to make sure it was safe.

[Image: wild_sasha_small_01.jpg]
Three years ago, I think.

Messages In This Thread
In memory of Sasha - by Charlie Horse - 06-21-2016, 11:25 PM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by Charlie Horse - 06-21-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by hihobaron - 06-22-2016, 03:42 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by DownUnder Gal - 06-22-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by Nanno - 06-22-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by nebs - 06-22-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by Taffy - 06-22-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by Saph - 06-22-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: In memory of Sasha - by hihobaron - 06-22-2016, 04:31 PM