Graneros Gorge Hike
Sputnik blended in well with our surroundings. 

Case in point...

Sputnik was not photogenic on this hike. While Finn and Tigerlily ricocheted from rock to rock, leaning over cliffs, peering behind boulders, and otherwise posing for dramatic shots, Sputnik kept his nose to the ground as he scurried greedily from one dry tuft of grass to another. They way he gobbled up dead foliage, you'd think he'd been starved for two weeks! I'm not sure I understand his tastes--this stuff was not exactly haute cuisine! 

Phil and the crew with Pike's Peak in the background.

Heading back toward our own Greenhorn Mountains. 

Once we got back to the truck, the goats decided they weren't leaving. No one would jump into the bed (although Tigerlily thought about it). So we drove off without them. When faced with the prospect of staying there by themselves, Graneros Gorge looked a lot less fun. The goats chased frantically after us until we stopped to invite them in again. Tigerlily jumped right up, but the boys were not quite ready to call it quits. We drove on again until they looked fairly tired and then tried once more. This time Finn loaded up, but Sputnik felt stubborn and I wasn't going to argue with him. This time we drove off pretty fast, and it didn't take Sputnik long to start panicking. When I stopped for the final time, Sputnik was coiled and ready to spring before I could even reach the tailgate. I expect it won't take long for them to figure out it's much easier to obey the first time!

Messages In This Thread
Graneros Gorge Hike - by Nanno - 04-05-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by Nanno - 04-05-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by Nanno - 04-05-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by hihobaron - 04-05-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by Sunnygoatgal - 04-05-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by Taffy - 04-06-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Graneros Gorge Hike - by DownUnder Gal - 04-07-2016, 12:13 PM