Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision - Packgoats
Yep, I decided to waste some time and money and get my goats tested for the mycoplasm called MOVI that is now the known causative agent for the Bighorn sheep die offs. Called WADDL and got instructions on what they needed. Went to the dog vet and beg them to do the test (goat vet was busy). Sent it off to WADDL and got told the machine they do the test on is down currently. They recommend anyone planning on doing the test call before sending samples.
I doubt very seriously knowing our packgoats are negative for MOVI will sway the decision of the forest revision plan team. Reality is if my packgoats are negative and I can keep them negative I can rest assured they will never cause a bighorn sheep die off.
A far fetched idea is to eradicate MOVI then bighorn sheep would be fine. Isn't that what we are trying to do with scrapie? Why can't we do the same thing here.
Decision makers need to find a treatment for this mycoplasm, maybe all this could go away in 10 or 15 years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision - Packgoats - by IdahoNancy - 11-19-2015, 05:41 PM