4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale.
Ah was hoping you would chime in Smile The above says it all pretty much. Things I have noticed out on our walks:

He needs to get used to having something on his back again. A few times he did that funny lower the back end walk for a few steps cause of having something new on his back. Legion does the same thing. But to be expected when they have only gotten to wear their saddles twice in the last 8 or so months and even then our walks are maybe an hour. It didnt cause any issue and after a few steps, walked normal again.
He does 100% perfect on a lead. Doesnt pull or miss behave at all. But when both him and Legion are off their leads, he is kinda afraid to be close to Legion. When taken out by himself, he is equally good on or off the lead.
He loves grain. That is his treat of choice. Which of course he only gets when I do the AC treatment OR when we are out walking I have a plastic peanut butter jar full and just shake it when I want him to return to me. Its funny. I can hide behind some sage brush when he isnt looking, shake the jar and he will find me Smile Legion hates peanuts so have not tried peanuts but am sure he would love any treat.
He is currently on alfalfa but grew up on grass hay. Which it must of been good stuff cause he is one of the largest Toggenburgs I have ever seen. Other then an older top pedigree breeding buck.
Personality wise, he is totally people friendly with no hint of horn use. Has no reaction when handling his horns. The first day him and Legion were together they of course did some light battling but nothing even close to aggressive and within 20 minutes was done and wanting to just get away from Legion who was having a good time playing.
Physically he is a bit over weight from non activity but not fat like Legion and sold. Good confirmation all around and well over 200 lbs.
Oh and he is disease free. The place I bought him from had test results in hand and I think I still have a copy.

So other then a little bit of rust on him from non use, he should be a terrific packer. I just wish he would stand up to Legion. Now I just need to get him outta there before he gets hurt (which he almost did tonight thus the prompt post), or before Legion turns into a total bastard. I have already noticed a market down turn in Legions attitude. Legion spends all day having fun being a bully and its starting to show in his contact with people. So will be putting a divider between them tomorrow.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 02-04-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by Nanno - 02-04-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by Taffy - 02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by nebs - 02-04-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by Taffy - 03-12-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: 4.5 year old Pack Goat for sale. - by Nanno - 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM