new goats!
Just got these two bucks from the same dairy that we got three of our other goats at.  They are just a few days old and full of joy.  Plan on starting the training at four months with simple walks and leash training.  Meet Gandalf and Capatain!  Half obershali and half Lamancha.  They are twins and will be picking up a doe form the same dairy soon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aw... aren't they cute! Baby goats are the sweetest. I'm looking forward to our first kids hitting the ground around April 15th. Smile
Nanno Wrote:Aw... aren't they cute! Baby goats are the sweetest. I'm looking forward to our first kids hitting the ground around April 15th. Smile

They are!  we are already walking them around every morning for chores with the other animals and after each feeding they get a walk to the deer plot and back.  About 3 acres each walk, and they get super excited about it each time. One of my labs has really taken a fondness to Captain and they have become snuggle buddies!
Thats great. My bottle babies are a year old now, and they've become very loyal and affectionate. Ever minute spent with them at this age is worth a day of training later in life. The only problem is they'll lean on me when I have treats... gotta put an end to that before they get even bigger!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Charlie Horse Wrote:Thats great.  My bottle babies are a year old now, and they've become very loyal and affectionate.  Ever minute spent with them at this age is worth a day of training later in life.  The only problem is they'll lean on me when I have treats... gotta put an end to that before they get even bigger!

I agree 100%, we walk our kidds daily and when it comes time to the actual off property hikes, they shine!
Such cool babies! I've just realized that I need some bottle babies. Mines are almost grown-up already. Time flies!