Goats aggressive towards lamb...
Hello! New to the Forum...

After 4 weeks of bottle feeding our lamb, we are ready to move him outside to join our 2, 1 year old Dwarf Nigerian does; however, the goats are being aggressive to the lamb. Their play starts out harmless, but then the does get aggressive and I do not trust them alone. Any advice on how to integrate our lamb with our does? I'd love to keep him in the house, but he is getting too big and outgrowing his diapers! Thank you for suggestions.
I know it may not be politically correct these days... But have you asked the lamb if he's at least TRIED to be a goat?

You may just need to wait a couple weeks. My guess is a sheep will outweigh nigerian goats in no time.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
(05-31-2020, 08:52 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: I know it may not be politically correct these days... But have you asked the lamb if he's at least TRIED to be a goat?

You may just need to wait a couple weeks.  My guess is a sheep will outweigh nigerian goats in no time.
Thank you! Yes, he tries hard to be like the goats but he's just too small. We'll just have to wait a bit longer I suppose - seems like a common suggestion!
Yearlings, I've found, are often the most brutal to small newcomers. There are a couple of things you could try, such as building a low platform or a box with a small door that the lamb can squeeze through but the goats can't. You could also try putting a barrier across one area of the pen that has a low gap underneath that once again the lamb can fit under but the goats can't. If he can learn how/when to get away then he should be safe. The girls may also learn not to harass him so badly if they know he's just going to disappear. Good luck!