Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2020
The first ones aren't due until around May 5th, but today we felt babies kicking!!! The girls start hating us this time of year because we can't resist thumping them like ripe melons every few days. Rita and Skeeter are due first and then three weeks later we've got Coral, Sadie, and Tigerlily expecting. I can't wait! Baby goat season is the BEST!!!
The Goat-O-Scope is up and running!
https://www.ipcamlive.com/5cb9f57b71a34

Rita and Skeeter are due in about a week (official due date May 3rd). Sadie, Coral, and Tigerlily are all due 3 weeks later. We're looking forward to kidlets!!
I went out to visit Nubbin this afternoon. The poor girl has been huge for a month and can barely heave herself up, but she can't get comfortable laying down either. She's due this weekend but her owner induced this morning so she should have kids sometime tonight or tomorrow. With a belly this big I'm expecting quadruplets. Here's hoping it all goes very smoothly!

Carole is Nubbin's owner and she loves her big, sweet girl! 

The first buns come out of the oven in a week or less and the girls are taking their rest time pretty seriously these days. We’ve had some very nice weather this week so the grass is coming in thick and green just in time to welcome the new arrivals.

Even with Petunia gone, her family still sticks together. These are Pet’s offspring from 2015 (Sputnik), 2018 (Skeeter), and 2019 (Cupcake). Their mother is gone but not forgotten!

Skeeter looks like she’ll probably kid first. She’s due May 3rd and I’m guessing twins. I’m guessing Cupcake will be an awesome little Auntie to those babies.

Rita is due the same day as Skeeter but doesn’t look quite as ready. I’m guessing only one kid, but hopefully she’ll surprise us.

Coral and Sadie are due three weeks later on May 24th. Coral looks like she’s carrying triplets while Sadie does not look pregnant at all. I know she is because of the changes to her udder, but her belly sure isn’t giving her away! I’m guessing  three for Coral and one little tiny kidlet for Sadie.

Last of all is Tigerlily. She’s due on May 25th and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for twins this year. She has a history of very large singles. I don’t like large singles. Tigerlily is bigger this year than she’s been in the past so maybe she’ll up her game this year and have two.

Snowball is such a little princess! It will be interesting to see what she thinks of having a younger sibling or two. I wonder how Tigerlily will take it. Some mothers suddenly reject their kids from the previous year for a time while others welcome them right in.

Rooting for the girls, hope all goes smooth.
Well, Nubbin FINALLY delivered her babies this morning between about 7:15 and 8:30. Four GIRLS!!! Carole is over the moon. More about it tomorrow... Last night was was a long night and I'm off to bed! 

Four! Wow. Lotta critters! I mean, thats more than half my entire current herd!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Yeah, these four doubled the size of Carole's herd! They're all up and eating and doing well this morning. Mama is still sore and exhausted but she was also up and eating this morning.
Congratulations!

Those are some big kids for having 4! What did they weigh? I'm glad everything went well. Hopefully she has the udder capacity to feed them!

Nubbin isn't your doe?
Goatberries Happen!
I sold Nubbin a few years ago to a lady who lives about 45 minutes away from me. She milked Nubbin for two years straight and then finally dried her up and bred her last December. These were big kids for quads! 7#, 7.5#, 7#, and 8#. Can't believe she had all girls. I'd have been disappointed but Carole is purely going for milk so she was thrilled.

All are doing well this morning. Nubbin is very sore and doesn't want to nurse the babies but we hope she changes her mind when she starts to feel better. I'm afraid she was on the edge of pregnancy toxemia and I had to pull all four of these kids. Nubbin was barely pushing. She could hardly walk when it was all finished. We're hoping Nubbin takes two of the kids back and Carole plans to bottle the other two. Capacity has never been Nubbin's problem in any area, but four kids fighting over two teats would not be a good scenario.

The little black and white baby was lethargic and wouldn't eat all day yesterday. We force-fed it with a syringe a few times but then she would stop swallowing. However, she did better through the night and is eating and looking around curiously this morning. They're absolutely adorable.